Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Bay Rattling And Loss Of Power

gje2403

Hi all,

I have been experiencing a problem with my 1.0 Zetec S ecoboost recently and was wandering if anyone could help

the problem started when I noticed a rattling sound coming from the engine bay when idling. I thought nothing of it to begin with but it became louder with time to the point you could here the sound inside the cabin when idling and driving. I took that car into my local ford garage where I bought the car from and they checked it over and said that everything was fine.

The problem still persisted and it became apparent that there was a lack of power, the turbo seemed to stop spooling up at times and when it did spool there became a massive amount of lag when giving the car a boot, something that never happened before

I took the car back again and they checked everything over and said once again that everything was fine. They stated that they had checked the engine bay, turbo manifold and the fuel pump and couldn't find any faults

despite all this the problem still persists and I'm at a loose end now where the car doesn't perform anywhere close to what it used to, it's very sluggish to drive and the power seems to have vanished entirely

I managed to video the engine sound as it became very noisy as proof that something isn't quite right so if anyone would like to hear that then please let me know and I shall link it for you

please any help would be great as I'm worried that their is something seriously wrong with the car as it really doesn't feel sound or perform the same as what it did. The car was purchased in august so is only 4 months old

thank you

Are you able to take it to another dealer to get a second opinion? Or when your next out in it, if you are worried call ford assist and whoever they send ( AA, RAC etc) may be able to diagnose it better.

Some STs had loose clamps on the boost hoses which led to a power drop, might be worth checking on yours.

okay thanks I shall check the clamps and post back

• 9 years later...

Hello

Anyone know of an independent mechanic in south west London or surrounding areas? good on eco boost engines??

This place deals with a lot of Ecoboost engines ....

Scrap.JPG

• Haha 3

Nearest I've seen so far:

https://www.cedargarage.co.uk/project/ford-ecoboost-timing-belt-replacement/

So it could be a case of doing some internet searching, or try something like this:

https://www.whocanfixmycar.com/services/ford/cambelt-change

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club