Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Washer Jet Not Firing

Brigante

what was the parts you showed above exactly?

scratch that, so it would be finis 1473732 i'd need for the passenger side jet?

alternatively somewhere like Wilkinson will do them cheaper or an independent computer shop. Have a look on eBay and keep some indoors it comes in handy for a few different things

good call on the fellowes

seems to have done just the trick

tried to trace where the hose was but its in a confined space and ive got fat hands

instead managed to pull the jet out of the bumper from the outside and gave both nozzles a liberal blasting with the can, tested it and now both jets seem to be working as they should

i'll keep an eye on it but i think its fixed now

• Like 1

A handy tip that we have all learned today - goes to show - here on this forum, we use products for purposes which they were never designed or intended to be used - and it works (I seriously feel like I am presenting Mythbusters now!)

Nice advice there Clive :)

• Like 1

You should see what I can conjure up with sticky plastic and toilet rolls :d

yup seems to of worked a treat, didnt think it would work that easy

yup seems to of worked a treat, didnt think it would work that easy

Oh ye of little faith. ;)

It appears celebrations was short lived as its stopped firing again. Will try giving it another blast of air on me next break when i get chance n report back

Well i gave it another blast, seemed to of worked as both was now firing as they should, but 20min later and the passenger is not working again. I can hear it spraying but it is not raising out of bumper so it is just the engine bay a good soaking.

It seems the air can is only a very temporary fix

I'm going to deduce that the pipe is not frozen up as all other jets are working just fine and the washerbottle must be fuĺl of pure undiluted anti freezing screen wash

What is my next plan of attack?

Take the pipe off and inspect it would be my guess, I wonder if the issue is the pipe being blocked by a blockage at the pump?

• 1 month later...

This issue has finally been resolved..

Today I drove the titan back to northampton (3hour round trip in total) to one of the dealers approved back street garages

Had a look at it with the mechanic, told him all the symptoms, told him how I could temporarily unblock it with a jet of air, he tried himself with a high pressured air gun, it worked but we could see that it was still not as powerful a jet as the other side and was laggy returning to the bumper

He managed to pull off the pipe feeding it to inspect it and we both came to the conclusion that it was in fact the washer pump itself that was at fault

He reckoned previous owners had used cheap poor quality screen wash and that over time the pump had become clogged up with slime and that it would need to be replaced. Phoned the local ford up, checked they had a pump in stock and it could be sent round asap.

The gaffer phoned the volvo dealer up, explained that it was the pump, that the pump would cost 96quid and labour would be about 40quid. Volvo gave the OK to cover it under warranty and the pump was ordered.

About an hour or 2 later, new pump fitted, all connected up and now both headlight washers appear to be working perfectly even after an hour n a half drive home.

The bloke even fitted my new fog light bulb for me while he had dropped the corner of the bumper so that saved me a job of getting on me back under the car later

Happy days

Awesome result hope it stays fixed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club