Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mountune

titanium_s_spec

hi there has any body got mountune fitted to there fiesta.and if so how much did your insurance go up buy.if a lot buyhow much and what age.im an old git with clean license and a profesional driver or so im told so by the dvla and the police(hgv driver) so that usually makes my insurance cheaper.and how many companies are there that actually recognise the mounttune kit as at the moment imjust left with the ford insurance company i think. cheers simon

hi there has any body got mountune fitted to there fiesta.and if so how much did your insurance go up buy.if a lot buyhow much and what age.im an old git with clean license and a profesional driver or so im told so by the dvla and the police(hgv driver) so that usually makes my insurance cheaper.and how many companies are there that actually recognise the mounttune kit as at the moment imjust left with the ford insurance company i think. cheers simon

You need to speak to Michelle, although she might be in Turkey at the moment. Last time she posted she wasn't overly impressed with the whole Mountune thing. Loss of power, and the yellow trim was coming off the wheels. I don't think her insurance went up that much.

You need to speak to Michelle, although she might be in Turkey at the moment. Last time she posted she wasn't overly impressed with the whole Mountune thing. Loss of power, and the yellow trim was coming off the wheels. I don't think her insurance went up that much.

cheers ok the wheel thing is an extra i only want the go faster bits and lowered .

tbh from Michelle's experiences with Mounttune I would give it a VERY side birth until they can sort her car out - she has had it for months and yet they still cannot get it right

tbh from Michelle's experiences with Mounttune I would give it a VERY side birth until they can sort her car out - she has had it for months and yet they still cannot get it right

ok cheers my local ford garage are mountune fitters and they said the first couple they did were a night mare but they are all ok now perhaps michelle just had duff kit.

As everybody else has said,I think Michelle is really quite unhappy with the whole mount tune experiance,she even had their own test bed car for a week while they "sorted hers out"...no change

I dont think she would have laid out all that money if she knew what a nightmare it was going to be.

Hi, like the others have said, I have the full mountune upgrade (it does not include lowering though - thats not part of Mountunes deals). I along with Rob (RSM123) have had nothing but trouble with power loss from day 1 of having the upgrade, I have carried out a few tests for them, including having their demo car (the one in all the magazine reviews) and I still managed to lose power in it every time I drove it!!!!!! ive had contact recently with Mountune again over the wheel issue, the yellow is wearing off leaving silver in places, im so not happy with the whole experience, its made my car a death trap - I have pulled out in heavy traffic only for my car to stumble and kangaroo jump! ive had a lorry have to swerve around me - lucky escape.

Apparently Mountune are now very close to an answer, they are awaiting Fords approval to release a ECU change - which they think is the problem, I have to carry out a 2 min warm up start before I can drive the car, if its not been driven from cold (ie left under an hour as this is when the problem happends the most).

I was the 2nd person to have the upgrade back in April, the car sounds and drives beautifully when it works! but for the £2,224 we paid I didnt expect to be a test dummy for them! I dont agree that there was only problems in the beginning, in fact Mountune now have a "red message" posted on their website stating the power loss issues are close to being resolved, now if only a handful of first upgrades were affected there would be no need to post this, but just communicate to those affected.

My insurance went up by £52 for the rest of the year - ive just had my yearly quote which starts 12th Aug and its costing me £32 a month (was £29 a month before upgrade) this is for me a soon to be 41yr old with full no claims protected bonus, driving for 23yrs. I have an added named driver too. Greenlight quoted me more, and I tried to do a cost comparison hoping that the Fiesta 140bph would be listed but this is only listed for 09 models and mine was registerd Dec 08.

Summing up I would personally wait a few more months before paying out for the upgrade, I believe there is more in the pipeline regarding appearance packs too!

Hope I have answered all your questions

Michelle x

Bashful - Turkey has been cancelled - our dog was really poorly recently and needed a life saving operation, no pet insurance and costed us £1.5k (begrudge the upgrade even more now lol) so we had to cancel the holiday as our savings had to go on our beloved Mollie xxx

Bashful - Turkey has been cancelled - our dog was really poorly recently and needed a life saving operation, no pet insurance and costed us £1.5k (begrudge the upgrade even more now lol) so we had to cancel the holiday as our savings had to go on our beloved Mollie xxx

Awwwww what a shame, poor Mollie :( I hope she's doing better now, Michelle.

Last year around this time, our Boxer cost us over £1k too, luckily we're insured for him, but our policy's now shot through the roof, lol, but so be it, he's our baby, we'd all do anything for our pets, I'm sure! :)

Awwwww Michelle, sorry to hear that. Poor wee Mollie, hope she is on the road to recovery x

What with your fiesta and now this - you are not having a good time of it in 2009 are you Michelle

cheers Michele for the advice i will go with it as i have not got the cr yet its still on order.and see what happens my ford dealer are quite accomodating so i guess it should be fine sorry to hear about probs u had hope it gets sorted soon.

Mountune been back in touch today, my car is going in on Friday to have the wheels removed and swapped (not sure with what yet though) and ours will be sent back to manufacturer for investigation, noticed today though that as I ran my fingernail around the yellow part on the rim, it actually comes off on my nail and leaves a silver scratch!! Max uses only shampoo and buffs the wheels at no point what soever has any other product including acid for brake dust been applied (proof of this is no rust on brake discs, classic sign of TFR or acid being applied).

In his email today, Dave confirmed that Mountune are very close now to the problem being resolved re the power loss, they just waiting on Fords.

Mollie recovered well, thankfully, we can have a holiday anytime.

This year hasnt been great for me, but tbh I always feel like my life is like Bridget Jones and it would make a great film/book lol xxx

This year hasnt been great for me, but tbh I always feel like my life is like Bridget Jones and it would make a great film/book lol xxx

I hope yuo have never done the falling out of the taxi drunk thing aka Bridget Jones?

quotes are getting cheaper £375 today all in with mountune fitted :o :P

So what are they quoting you then for your car without the Mountune?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club