Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaks And Rattles

EvilMonkey458

Hello all,

I am new to the FOC so please forgive me if i have made a mistake :)

Anyway, i have a 2009 Ford Fiesta which i bought in October 2014 with only 27500 miles on the clock. Everything has been going great apart from two little things which are bugging me. When i disengage the clutch there is like a whirring noise, kind of like a rubbing noise or if the clutch release bearings have worn. There is a noticeable difference when the clutch is engage. So i got an independant mechanic friend of mine to take a look at it while the car was under warranty and he said it did sound like the release bearings. Took it back to the garage and they said there was nothing wrong with it, so i got them to guarantee the clutch and gearbox for a year if they were so sure, which they did. However it seems to be getting louder and you can start to hear it while moving now. Is this a common fault with this batch of Fiestas?

Secondly, im getting a squeak when changing gear, its worse going from 1st to 2nd, 3rd to 4th and then from n to reverse. I have lifted up the trim surrounding the gear stick and greased it all up down there, however it seems to have made no difference. Does anybody else have a solution on what to try next without having to consult a mechanic?

Thank you all if you have read to the end of the post :)

Much Love, EvilMonkey :) x

Hi and welcome to FOC. I would take it back to the garage and show them the fault. If they try to Palm you off again tell them you will get it independently diagnosed by AA or summat then they will have to sort it under guarantee anyway, so may as well cut the c r a p.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• 3 months later...

I have a sound like that too when releasing the clutch. It seems to be more apparent in cold weather and when the engine is cold. Did you find out anything more about this?

Mine is a 2013 Ecoboost with about 39000km on the clock. I would guess it has a different gearbox/clutch though.

The squeak is from the clutch peddle spring. It is quite a common thing on all fords. It comes and goes and will need grease on it from time to time.

The squeak is from the clutch peddle spring. It is quite a common thing on all fords. It comes and goes and will need grease on it from time to time.

My squeak is definately not from the inside of the car though, and it almost sounds like a "rattling squeak" (?). Almost as if the engine mounts need some lubing maybe.

The sound also sometimes appear when relasing the throttle at low speed and the fuel supply is cut.

It's hard to tell exactly where it comes from, but I'm pretty sure it is from the engine bay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club