Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 week Old titanium broken down ;( ;( ;(

BenW

Right, yes... as topic heading suggests, had the unfortunate experience of my beast dying today!!

About 5mins into my journey today, driving along doing about 50mph, *pop*, car looses all power and i have to pull over. Could not get the car started, engine was ticking over but not coming to life. There were no differenced to how i was driving, i was just cruising along at about 50mph for a few mins after i started out 5mins before!

Pulled up on the side of a road and left the car alone for about 5mins. tried again but sadly nothing. Just ticking over but the engine was not firing up.

I had to resort to calling the AA out, after about 20mins the AA turn up. He has a listen then does some basic checks with the battery etc. Plugs his fancy laptop into my car that reports "Ignition coil fault (primary)". He then has a play with the connectors and tried to start the car again but still not firing up. At this point im starting to keep in good spirits but starting to worry. Cutting a long story short he tests the fuses and the "fuel pump fuse" which looks after the ignition coil, fuel pump and lander/oxygen sensor has blown.

He replaced the fuse and gave the car another go, YESSSS, it works. car started up fine rev's came down EXCELLENT..... NO!!! 5 secs later car cuts out again and won’t start. Check the fuse and its blown again. (2 fuses blown). I start to worry and the AA guy then spends some time on the phone to the tech guys at his head office and come back with some ideas. He checks the fuel pump cable under my back seats, removed the battery and checked all the connections under the fuse box and re-seats all the connections from the ignition coil.

2 hours later puts it all back, new fuse tried again. Same. Fuse blows and engine cuts out and wont start again :9 EPIC FAIL!! I had to get toed home, oh the shame!!!

Basically, as the fuses were not just blown, they were obliterated!! There is an electrical fault with my car. The AA guy said its the only new fiesta he's come across with such a problem and non of the guys he was speaking to on the phone came across it either. He has asked I pass on the details to him when it gets fixed so he knows as he was trying very hard to get it working for me :'(

I managed to speak to the dealer before they closed and there were very shocked and apologetic. My car is getting picked up 2mos and toed back to the dealer for repair!

The AA guy did a few things and said one of 2 things at fault, either the Ignition coil or the fuel pump. Likely the ignition coil due to how the fuses were blowing up!!

Not overly happy and a bit screwed for work as i commute 100miles a day :S

Will keep you all posted but one to watch out for, for those that have similar spec etc it happened to mine on 2500miles!!

Cheers, ben. :(

hope it's something they sort fast for you, but 2500miles in 2 weeks - crikey, do you expect you'll do 60000 to 65000 in the 1st 12 months?

After you waited so long for it to be delivered . . . oh well, chin up at least it is still under warranty (although I guess that does not help)

That's bad news :(

So sorry to hear this, are these similar to the problems Jonny was having? (cant remember)

I hope you get it sorted and ford provide with some alternative transport in the meantime :-(

Just posted on Marks thread before reading this. I think Johnny had a similar problem re the fuses etc, you have done !Removed! loads of miles in 2 weeks not that that gives the car any right to die on you though. Hope fords have a courtesy car for you (and Mark) whilst yours is being treated. I suppose thats one thing throughout my problems with power loss - Mountune have been fantastic in providing me with alternatives.

Hope its good news for you both in the next few days and that you both have your cars back on the road. xxx

hope it's something they sort fast for you, but 2500miles in 2 weeks - crikey, do you expect you'll do 60000 to 65000 in the 1st 12 months?

lol, i know bad eh!!

I do 100 miles a day for work and often have trips to london... again for work.... making a shiyte load on expenses so not too worried. And i got it for that anyway, previous ST costing me a fortune! :)

will be with dealer 2mos so shud be sorted soon. thanks

I had a similiar problem with mums vw polo. it was the lambda sensor wires which short circuited and blw the fuse feeding the fuel pump. Please make sure you let us know how you fixed the problem

regards

That's bad news :(

So sorry to hear this, are these similar to the problems Jonny was having? (cant remember)

I hope you get it sorted and ford provide with some alternative transport in the meantime :-(

AA will give me a car for 3 days by which time my car should be done OR dealer provide me with a car.

Just posted on Marks thread before reading this. I think Johnny had a similar problem re the fuses etc, you have done !Removed! loads of miles in 2 weeks not that that gives the car any right to die on you though. Hope fords have a courtesy car for you (and Mark) whilst yours is being treated. I suppose thats one thing throughout my problems with power loss - Mountune have been fantastic in providing me with alternatives.

Hope its good news for you both in the next few days and that you both have your cars back on the road. xxx

cheers muchly! :) yeah, what a few trips to london and 100miles a day will do. Not forgeting my dealer is 50 miles away and its been back once etc.

Im feeling positive, at the very least will get a good valet on the car and fuel again ;)

hope you get it sorted soon mate,i had a focus once and two days old a cylinder decided it didnt like it in the engine and popped out of the bonnet to say hello,but they soon sorted me out :)

cheers muchly! :) yeah, what a few trips to london and 100miles a day will do. Not forgeting my dealer is 50 miles away and its been back once etc.

Im feeling positive, at the very least will get a good valet on the car and fuel again ;)

Corsham10

My sympathy for your bad experience.

As a matter of interest do you know where your Fiesta was built?

I am a newbie on this forum (or any other forum) but as a suggestion would it not be a reasonable idea to store any horror stories about the new Fiesta in a special area in the Forum maybe labelled ‘Breakdown’ or similar?

Hi, as michelle said, I did indeed have the same problem! Mine started last winter when it snowed in london, it failed to start and as I have the power button I was clueless to what to do, and nor did the AA, i got it back into ford, where they replaced a part which ive forgotton what it was called and all fuses, and all bulbs.

This again happened a few weeks back again, this time a fuse blew, and all headlight bulbs blew, i found out cos i got pulled over by the police..

Ford took car back in, and found the answer to be the alternator as it was sending a higher rate of power thru the car than it was suppose to, so once again i had new fuses, and new bulbs for the whole car, and a new alternator. Now the car is fine, so that was the problem, its now done 12k plus miles and no more probs.

Hope this helps, but get your power checked out and ur alternator, as it took my garage a few days to work it out.

I know this is O/T but are you paying any extra to have a courtesy car provided by the aa? if you dont mind me asking?

And whaT AA package do you have? Just asking because I am with the Aa.

I know this is O/T but are you paying any extra to have a courtesy car provided by the aa? if you dont mind me asking?

And whaT AA package do you have? Just asking because I am with the Aa.

Do you not have the year free breakdown cover? I assume that is with the AA as after the free year ran out on my last car the AA kept sending me stuff.

Yes I do but was with the AA anyway and forgot to cancel it for a year so am still paying for it stupidly!!!!

Can I still take advantage of it now for 7 months?

I got free cover with my ford from my dealer from the RAC, and i also pay for the aa as we have family cover for all 6 fords in the family, and also get free cover from green flag from my insurance.. lol typical covered for every angle!

Yes I do but was with the AA anyway and forgot to cancel it for a year so am still paying for it stupidly!!!!

Can I still take advantage of it now for 7 months?

Take advantage of the free one you mean? You have it anyway, the AA might give you a credit to hold over till the free one runs out. Although in saying that, I had a credit with the RAC and it was worthless as the online price was far cheaper.

After all you have been through. Aw Ben, so sorry to hear that. I hope they fix it soon with not too much aggro.

Spoke to ford today. Siad the fuel pump at fault and awaiting parts. Estimated delivery of the parts needed between 21st-28th Aug! grrrrr.

Not that good really i guess, I have told them to ENSURE its fully fixed as i cant afford to get stuck again. I have too much responsibility at work to mess about and if it goes wrong again I will keep the courtesy car for the time it takes them to order a new fiesta and have it delivered! I was/am not happy about it all.

Also not impressed that they will just be keeping my car for a couple of weeks in their car park! I will be around the car like a hawk as it went to them spotless. Again, they will know this up front so will have time to ensure there are no dents or scratches.

Anyway, that my latest update. Just need to wait for the parts and them to fit it i guess......

Spoke to ford today. Siad the fuel pump at fault and awaiting parts. Estimated delivery of the parts needed between 21st-28th Aug! grrrrr.

Not that good really i guess, I have told them to ENSURE its fully fixed as i cant afford to get stuck again. I have too much responsibility at work to mess about and if it goes wrong again I will keep the courtesy car for the time it takes them to order a new fiesta and have it delivered! I was/am not happy about it all.

Also not impressed that they will just be keeping my car for a couple of weeks in their car park! I will be around the car like a hawk as it went to them spotless. Again, they will know this up front so will have time to ensure there are no dents or scratches.

Anyway, that my latest update. Just need to wait for the parts and them to fit it i guess......

This is a typical example of when after sales service and customer care is more important than price. It's a bit like an insurance policy; unfortunately you only find out if it's any good after the event!

It's not your fault that the car's gone pop so the onus is on them to repair it and keep you mobile. Just keep ringing them until you get a satisfactory response.

Judging by your comments above I don't suppose you'll be giving them your custom again........... :rolleyes:

I just cant believe that after all the waiting you are now waiting again. So unfair and you so need your car for your work. Hoping for a quick resolution.

I guess they are trying to keep up with demand for the new cars rolling off the production line and also with the factory shut downs etc.

As someone else said, at least you are mobile - although I guess that is no consolation when you have brought a new car and it goes wrong so quickly. I had the fuel pump go on a Peugeot 406 and I was about 400 miles from home and had to come back on the back of a lorry while riding in the cab with the driver who kept going on about his collection of firearms . . . . . .

yup, bit pants but will give them a ring tomos to see if any update!

Not overly impressed but as long as get it fixed. Also really very concerned about where my car being kept, and any damage etc it may be getting if its just sat in a parking space :S

Spose i will just get them to fix it but it more hassel!! :(

Anyway, will keep u posted.

got it back :)

Just gone and collected my car, has been fully valeted (as per my expectations). Filled back up with petrol and seems to be working fine. just drove for 60 miles, all good!!

As expected the fuel pump was at fault!

Cheers all :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club