Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Dpf Issue

Dave_TDCI

Hi lads,

Have my 2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 140bhp just over two months now and really enjoy the car but I'm beginning to suspect a possible DPF issue. As the car has 119,000miles on it it probably woudn't be too surprising if the dpf is partially blocked or clogged.

Not always but quite often the car can be quite jerky or lumpy at times. This can be especially noticeable under high throttle, boost seems to kick in and stop a bit and kick in again, doesn't seem to pull smoothly as it should. I brought it to the Ford dealership last week who said it sounded as if it was a problem with the EGR valve so they replaced it but this hasn't cured the problem.

Last week I purchased a tuning box which I'm absolutely delighted with but because of this problem I feel it's more noticeable or exageratted with the extra boost. If I drive under very light throttle there isn't much sign of the issue but accelerate hard and chances are it will occur. I'm certain this has nothing to do with the tuning box as the problem was long there before I got it but I just feel it's more pronounced with it.

When I brought the car to the Ford dealership to have the egr replaced no fault codes seemed to show up for the DPF (or at least they didn't tell me if they did).

Just wondering if this a typical symptom of a possibly blocked DPF?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club