Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Has Probably Been Asked Before.

Squonk

Hi, on a 2008 Titanium X with 6 Disc DAB Sony, what options are there to get my iPod/iPhone music library to play via bluetooth. I have spoken to my local dealer, who says that bluetooth streaming is not possible in that age vehicle and there are no upgrades available. If this is wrong can you point me in the right direction please. If it is right, what replacement head units do you have experience with? Thank you again.

• Like 1

You just have to upgrade the bluetooth module I beleve the modle number is 8M5T-19C112-Am. I think it is the m onwards that enable bluetooth streaming, if you look through my posts I asked and was given lots of help and the number is on these. I have had to put on hold as maraige failed and having to sell house (!Removed! happens).

• Like 1

he bluetooth Module, wiring loom, mic supporting interior light panel and microphone are separate items from the headunit itself,

Sadly its not a simple "Plug&Play"

The bluetooth module you purchase must be from a 2008 onwards Mondeo and support the USB function

It cant be from a 2008 onwards Focus or Cmax

Or pre 2008 mondeo

And

It cant be from a focus because there programmed differently.

Then when you have the correct module and its connected to your headunit,

You need to pay ford a fee of one hours labour to connect there computer up to your car and enable electronic communication with the bluetooth module,

Its not been made simple for the enthusiast to upgrade to Bluetooth themselves and that's just the way ford like it to be,

Overall to purchase the required items from eBay and fit them to the car aswell as programming your looking at a minimum 180 pounds,

The factory fitted Bluetooth doesn't support streaming of music from your phone etc.

In today's world the factory Bluetooth is quite dated,

I recommend fitting a Pioneer double din headunit which has a parrot Bluetooth kit built in,

Aswell as Apple CarPlay, voice control, DVD playback and the option to expand the system to include a reverse camera or even a rear flip down monitor,

You can recuperate funds from selling your existing ford Sony headunit and dash surround.

Alternatively the third option would be to purchase a Parrot Mki9200 Bluetooth kit complete with model specific SOT cable,

This parrot system is a simple plug&play kit which supports USB steaming aswell as Bluetooth streaming through your existing headunit and speaker system, aswell as Voice Control.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400347465015

Which ever way you choose its going to be minimum 150 pounds,

The consideration is required in terms of which option will give you best value for money.

Hi, on a 2008 Titanium X with 6 Disc DAB Sony, what options are there to get my iPod/iPhone music library to play via Bluetooth. I have spoken to my local dealer, who says that Bluetooth streaming is not possible in that age vehicle and there are no upgrades available. If this is wrong can you point me in the right direction please. If it is right, what replacement head units do you have experience with? Thank you again.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club