Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio

Bob P

Is it possibe to remove the cd6000 radion from my mk4 mondeo and replace it with the sony dab one without a lot of modifications ?

I imagine you would also have to replace the aerial with a DAB enabled one.

You need to fit the dab aerial, base and the two wires with the correct connectors for a Mondeo.

You also need to be sure that the dab radio is definitely for a mondeo as it has different communication protocols from the dab radio used in the rest of the Ford range and would cause error messages on the radio.

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like a fairly easy job then.

I may be wrong but I think Ford needs to pair the radio and the car

I have a dab radio in my mk3 mondeo bob and they are pretty straight forward to change. Aerial wise you can either buy a amplified bee sting type aerial which you will need to remove the interior light/sunglasses cubbyhole in the roof lining to gain access to replace it or get a internal one that sticks on the glass inside the car and is earthed to the body work of the car. I have the internal type aerial which works ok but if i head out of town it loses signal alot so i would pay a little extra and get a bee sting aerial. My head unit is a single din so a adaptor plate is required and as yours is a mk4 you will need one either way due to the shape of the dash. If you get a dab + radio you can pause. Fast forward and rewind live radio which is a good feature. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club