stevescooby

10 Reg Dtci Cutting Out

hi i have got a mondeo estate 2.0 tdci on a 10 plate every now and then after coming of a duel carrige way the car cuts out , it has only happened 5 times in the last month . i have just changed the fuel filter thinking that could be the problem , but coming home tonight it cut out again .Has anybody got any ideas is this a common problem cheers for any help .

Do you get any warning lights?

no i dont think so , before it stops i just let the clutch out and if fires up . There is no warning lights when it is running .

When you say coming off a dual carriageway , do you mean coming to a halt or just slowing down? Just trying to get a bit more info, long distance diagnostic is tricky at the best of times, has it allways done it or has something been changed recently?

When you say coming off a dual carriageway , do you mean coming to a halt or just slowing down? Just trying to get a bit more info, long distance diagnostic is tricky at the best of times, has it allways done it or has something been changed

it does it when slowing down coming up to a roundabout . Just done a search and it apears there is a software update for the clutch switch on this model , will call at ford tomorrow to see if my car has had this done .