Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Red Edition With Led Drl Headlights Fitted (south Wales)

FMC

This could go in the Spotted section I suppose but it's some info for all Fiesta facelift owners.

Just spoke to a boy (in the traffic moving alongside each other, so only very briefly) driving a 15 plate Zetec S Red who's retro-fitted the headlights (ST/Titanium) with LED DRLs and he said they just plug and play.

Anyone know this boy? We spoke near Bridgend about 8:00 tonight - wish I'd followed him to have a proper chat and ask more questions now!! Like if it is literally a swap-and-go or if any reprogramming or extra wiring is needed?!

Alas there's evidently an answer to the commonly-asked question of whether these headlights with work as a retro-fit. The last thread I found on here someone said they didn't think so and I can't find any threads from someone who's done it.

I'm now on the look out for this car again haha!

They'll have to be enabled in the vehicles settings to prevent a bulb out/flicker for a start.. :)

That's if it's doable at all..

• Like 2

Are you sure he had them fitted? As recently the LED headlights have become standard on all fiestas except the studio model.

Cars built from the end of this month get revised rear lights with LED brake lights.

• Like 1

Yeah I asked him how much he paid he motioned and mouthed "three hundred". We soon parted ways. Really pi**ed off I didn't follow to a stop.

Now THAT is very interesting!!

I already want the rears LEDs and that's before even seeing a pic!

Link??

From the post I saw the other day, they don't look much different, just looks like they use LEDs for the brake light section.

• Like 1

They don't look different much Willy rather have same ones me n Lee has

post-50202-143936629896_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

^ i believe those are aftermarket ones. might swing by the ford dealer and see what they look like. i noticed on the configurator most options had the led running lights, which wasn't there when i specced my car

^ i believe those are aftermarket ones. might swing by the ford dealer and see what they look like. i noticed on the configurator most options had the led running lights, which wasn't there when i specced my car

Yeah they're aftermarket ones.. but they look a million times better than the factory ones.. :)

• Like 1

i saw a 15 plate fiesta zetec driving about - had led drls up front, but no rear LED light clusters. it wasn't a titanium model, because this one came rolling on the same 15's as mine. but it did have a chrome tailgate strip, instead of the body coloured one like mine.

didn't look like it had tinted windows, either

post-67948-0-06065200-1439690069_thumb.j

Retro fitted Titanium/ST style LED headlights to my Zetec S this week. They make the car look so good, its really topped off the look.

Only problem is with the light selection, on lights OFF the LED strips are low illuminated, when you switch to side lights they come up to DRL brightness and stay on that brightness when the headlights are turned on too. But hey i havent been pulled and i dont think i will so ill just roll with it.

For anyone wanting to do it, it cost me about £350 (with a Euro Car Parts friends trade discount) and its just plug and play. Best decision i made!

• Like 1

That's the problem with retro fitting them. Just make sure they don't blind people at night.

You'll should also know that the DRLS should dim on the side that your indicating during the day.

• Like 2

Yeah the indicators dont dim them but in all honesy the indicators are really noticeable anyway. I would say Mercedes drls have more chance of blinding than the Ford ones.

Rear LED lights? I want!!!!!

Oh hiya!

• Like 2

Oh hiya!

C'mon Willy me n Lee have had that for a while :p

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind seeing a link of the revised 2015 Fiesta LED rear taillights ...

• Like 1

I have seen them there not that great they have rows of leds on the brake square

Oh, not forgetting a before and after:

• Like 1

C'mon Willy me n Lee have had that for a while :p

I'm thinking of getting the proper ones from Ford :p

I've seen them Willy there not that great looking 2bh

• Like 1

I bet Willy has them within a month, lol

• Like 2