Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Audio Bluetooth

Robbajob

Evening All!!!

Im a newbie to the site, and have recently sorted out some Audio issues with the Fiesta which i thought may be usefull to those who are having the same troubles as i did.

As of last Saturday i went to collect my new baby :rolleyes: (1.25 Zetec, Frozen White) which i am absoutely over the moon with. Got her home and then the fun stuff began. Looking through all my gadgets and gizmos and playing with the USB and AUX input.

I have an apple iPhone and got with the car on a free upgrade the bluetooth with voice control and trip computer. A feature which in itself is amazing if you havent expericed making and receiving calls through the car Speakers. However here is where the problem started:

I plug in my iPhone with the USB so i gain all the track information on the display (Great). I then put in the AUX in as well because you need them both with the iPhone. Plus this way with the USB you get to charge the phone to. For some strange reason when i have the bluetooth activated, it mutes the Aux and USB input. You see all of the track information and the song is still even playing but no sound...... hmmmm. Yet when you disconnect the USB and AUX you can stream the iPhones music via the bluetooth but you loose the option of seeing the track info, artist, album etc etc.

I personaly prefer having all this info as its not only safer (Stops you looking and scrolling through the iphone) its a feature which you should be able to use and what the car should enable you to do.

After a couple of hours playing with things i discovered how you can still have the Bluetooth activated AND have the iphone plugged in with the USB and AUX and still here the music.

When the USB is connected to the iphone the screen goes white with a mini music player logo on it. Then plug in the AUX into the phone and the car. At the bottom of the phone you see the Bluetooth icon. If you select this you have the option to select Ford Audio or Headphones. If you select headphones it allows you to here you audio as normal. And with the USB plugged in you get all your track and other song information when you selct iPod from the MENU.

Best of all the bluetooth is still activated so you can make and recieve calls as usaul.

Hopefully this may help some of you out if your experiencing this problem.

Wow thanks, this will help me with my car. I want to use my iPhone as a phone via bluetooth and maybe able to make the CoPilot on it some on over bluetooth too, I will then use my iPod nano for music via the USB and Aux. Will be interesting to see if it works.

All you need to do is plug the phone in AFTER the bluetoth icon appears in the car, that way it'll switch straight to Dock Connector automatically, don't need to unlock the phone that way.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone managed to stream music from their iPhone to there Stereo who doesnt have the usb connection.

I gather if you have the usb port when you press AUX it changes to ipod/aux/bluetooth.

But mines not changing between aux and bluetooth.