Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Egr Valve Removal

Matthew Woodward

On 12/3/2015 at 9:33 AM, iantt said:

2 bolts and the connector from the info I have, one bolt to the right as you look at it, and other at rear , both bolts vertical indirection. Torx t30 is bolt head

Morning, sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I am just trying to remove the EGR Valve from my 2014 MK3 Focus to inspect it, as I've had my engine management light come on a couple of times with the below error code:

P02E4 - Diesel Intake Air Flow Control Stuck Open

Ford have said given that the code is not from their diagnostic machine that they would have to charge me for putting the car on their diagnostics.  They said it sounds like the EGR Valve could be sticking - my own independent garage said it sounds like that could be the case too.

The car itself drives fine, perhaps the lower couple of gears do sometimes feel a little sluggish but the main thing I notice is that the engine turns off there is judder, this doesn't happen each and every time though.

Anyway, I have removed the two bolts from the top as above and there is a little bit of "give" but it doesn't seem to move much more.

Any advice would be great.

7 minutes ago, Adam86 said:

Morning, sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I am just trying to remove the EGR Valve from my 2014 MK3 Focus to inspect it, as I've had my engine management light come on a couple of times with the below error code:

P02E4 - Diesel Intake Air Flow Control Stuck Open

Ford have said given that the code is not from their diagnostic machine that they would have to charge me for putting the car on their diagnostics.  They said it sounds like the EGR Valve could be sticking - my own independent garage said it sounds like that could be the case too.

The car itself drives fine, perhaps the lower couple of gears do sometimes feel a little sluggish but the main thing I notice is that the engine turns off there is judder, this doesn't happen each and every time though.

Anyway, I have removed the two bolts from the top as above and there is a little bit of "give" but it doesn't seem to move much more.

Any advice would be great.

This sounds far more like a problem with the air doser/anti-shudder vave than the EGR valve.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This sounds far more like a problem with the air doser/anti-shudder vave than the EGR valve.  

Is that another term for the valve in the throttle body?

We removed the pipe connecting to that and it did seem to be OK, gave it a wipe down etc.  When the engine goes off should this flap remain shut? or will it open again?

1 hour ago, Adam86 said:

Is that another term for the valve in the throttle body?

We removed the pipe connecting to that and it did seem to be OK, gave it a wipe down etc.  When the engine goes off should this flap remain shut? or will it open again?

Yeah that's right.

That's a good question tbh, I think it opens again ready for the next engine start, but there would be no issue with it remaining closed until the ignition was switched on again so I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Did you get a solution for this? Since Christmas mines had the exact same problem! Car judders when the inhibition is turned off and there does seem to be a loss of power. Took it to my local garage where they did a diagnostic and came back with code P02E4. They replaced the throttle body but the engine warning light is still showing and the car still has the same issues as before. 

Anyone have any other ideas?

• 7 months later...

Hi has anyone seen a guide on how to remove the egr valve? 

Thanks 

Egr tends not to give issues on the MK3, what dtcs have you got? 

• 8 months later...

Hi, can anyone tell me where the egr sensor A is located on my mk3 2015 Ford focus, mine keeps flagging up as low 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club