Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have received my Zetec S Delivery Date

DNStuff

Today I received a wonderful email from buyacar to let me know that my car has turned up at the dealers. I have paid up the final invoice and they have set a delivery date of the 13th of October. This puts the time between when I ordered (14th July) to delivery at 3 months (or twelve weeks).

Car on the way (hopefully) is a Zetec S, Colerado Red with Leather seats, City pack, Street pack, interior pack 2, side skirts, quickclear screen, side airbags and Automatic headlights +windscreen wipers. He will be called Diefenbaker :lol:

Anyway I can't wait for the car to arrive and I will post pictures in this thread as soon as the car arrives :) I will certainly get trigger happy with the camera so expect a bombardment :P

As I bought my car through a third party I expected the wait to be much longer, especially as I have read about all the trouble others have had with long delays on cars with a few extras added on. What I wanted to know from others who have ordered somthing similar is, has ordering through a third party affected my deilvery time in any way? What has been your experience with dealer lead times?

i should think so my dealer told me it would be 6 weeks when i ordered it and true to his word it was 5 weeks... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

finally someone is seeing sense and getting a red zetec s! they are gorgeous, congrats!

Today I received a wonderful email from buyacar to let me know that my car has turned up at the dealers. I have paid up the final invoice and they have set a delivery date of the 13th of October. This puts the time between when I ordered (14th July) to delivery at 3 months (or twelve weeks).

aargh4.gif

aargh4.gif

i would seriously consider cancelling your order!

aargh4.gif

Just take your order elsewhere. There are plenty of ready built 59 plates about, and to be honest your dealers don't deserve the sale

aargh4.gif

This seems very strange especially as you have not had a build date yet. And if they tell you the delay is because it is an automatic, then that is rubbish! Mine is an automatic and I got a build date within 2 weeks of ordering. I ordered mine on 17th July and it was delivered in just under 10 weeks. I had loads of extras too.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently feeling Nightowl's pain. Hold up with a very vague non-descript reason with no date for a solution. Especially frustrating as I recieved an invoice with a delivery date on it three weeks ago. Obviously they were just trying to get the sale finalised to get the figures in for the month. Cancelling my order today

Gutted

Yeah pretty crap news. Good news is that somewhere around in a few weeks there will be a red zetec s with leather seats, climate control, esp, city pack, street pack, interior pack 2, side skirts, heated windscreen, alloy pedals and bluetooth/voice control for someone to snap up at a bargain price.

Not a ford fan at the moment!

why is it taking so long to get to you?

have you officially cancelled it now?

Yeah it's officially cancelled now. The problem apparently was that the dealer had reached its monthly allocation for new fiesta's this month so couldn't deliver it to me. This dragged on and on with them saying they need a new contract signed to deliver it. I then rang them and said, if that was the problem, book it for the first of next month and I'll take it in November.

They then back tracked and said that its already been booked for October and will be held until a retrospective contract had been signed. All sounds a load of made up rubbish to me. They told me it could be a number of weeks before its resolved, so I told them to give me my money back, which thanks to a clause in their contract they have to do in full.

I really, really want this car, but I won't put up with that.

finally someone is seeing sense and getting a red zetec s! they are gorgeous, congrats!

ive always had one ! you just never looked lol :P

ive always had one ! you just never looked lol :P

sorry!

Yeah it's officially cancelled now. The problem apparently was that the dealer had reached its monthly allocation for new fiesta's this month so couldn't deliver it to me. This dragged on and on with them saying they need a new contract signed to deliver it. I then rang them and said, if that was the problem, book it for the first of next month and I'll take it in November.

They then back tracked and said that its already been booked for October and will be held until a retrospective contract had been signed. All sounds a load of made up rubbish to me. They told me it could be a number of weeks before its resolved, so I told them to give me my money back, which thanks to a clause in their contract they have to do in full.

I really, really want this car, but I won't put up with that.

Welcome DNStuff to the world of garbage Ford dealers! :(

According to my dealer (whom I spoke to on Tuesday) he said: "We are all gob-smacked at the time it is taking for your car to be delivered".

I have a feeling that Ford are not coming clean with regards to delays for the Fiesta. Something isn't right...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club