Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Service time and cost.....''caught on camera''

jace1969

Ok my mate just had his Focus ZS serviced  14 plate Ecosboost 125 and cost just under £220 at ford.

He left his dashcam on and recorded the lot,taken car in at 9 and was started on at 12.55 and finished at 1.35.

Then washed and all done for just after 2,ok say parts are £100 ( oil/filter/air filter/brake fluid etc)

You take the hour rate for the person on it so you looking there making around £100 for 1 hour service,is it worth the Ink stamp in your book.

You could knock over £100 off the bill to a back street garage that you trust and know with genuine parts.

• Like 2

Maybe he could somehow get said video to said dealer and get a bit of a discount?

2 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Maybe he could somehow get said video to said dealer and get a bit of a discount?

I doubt it, as unless they state how long it will take (I.E. longer than it did) then he has no case.  They did the job, and he agreed to the fees. 

21 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I doubt it, as unless they state how long it will take (I.E. longer than it did) then he has no case.  They did the job, and he agreed to the fees. 

Fair comment, was just thinking incase they said/charged for X amount of hours instead they only did Y amount of hours

On the invoice it says 1 hour 30mins and 30 mins for the wash so 2 hours max.

It makes you think how they rip us off,made me think now if to just buy ford parts and get a garage to fit them,

We all know the service run down list,sure it don't add that much on re-sale or something,ok for warranty cover i see.

I think being ford we all think well its ford service so must be good,i don't think so know looking at this video he has.

@jace1969 was this the cars second service a take it? or first? 
well i think your mate got ripped.......... 

i go to rapid fit for same service and costs me £120 

It was a 2 year service they said so what ever comes with that,to be spot on it was £215 and pence.

Shocked me just on the time they take,went up on ramps for 20mins to check stuff then back down and out for wash.

Bonus scheme means they get more money for doing jobs quicker... 

You could just buy a Ford stamp from eBay and stamp your own services... :ph34r: (You would be surprised how often this happens!)

• Like 1

you should have taken it to the polish car wash people they probly do a better job for half the price, cos 1/2 hr labour charge is a lot more than they charge, I take it he asked them to wash it?

I would not let Ford clean your car they will ruin your paint work, so it would of saved 30 minutes of Ford's time.

that's what you are paying for a genuine ford stamp in service book and if any thing go's wrong well back the stealers as they guarantee there work for 12 months:whistling1:

That's link up now having issues with tapatalk that's my advice anyway same service etc for cheaper wasn't sure if it showed on my earlier post

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I will look into getting the parts myself and getting my mate to do it,he is a VAT registered garage so still have a stamp but

just wont be a ford one.

As for my mate (the one here) he didnt know about the car wash until they rang him saying the car is done its just having a wash.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club