Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR Blanking plate problems.

pjbude

Hello.

Installed a stainless steel blanking plate to the egr valve on my 2006  focus 1.8tdci. Duratorq. Now  a light keeps coming   on in the rev counter. Its a cog with an asterisk inside it. Also the egr valve seems to have gone very loud. No engine management light. Is this normal? Cheers

If you have got an electric egr I think you may have to plug it into a computer to have it deleted im not 100% sure,

mine is diesel, it might pay to take it out and see weather you still get the lite, also have you put it in the right side?

Did you keep the gasket the right side?  The noise will be a boost leak if not.

Does the little cog not show up a message on the Mk2?  On the mk2.5 it does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pjbude said:

Hello.

Installed a stainless steel blanking plate to the egr valve on my 2006  focus 1.8tdci. Duratorq. Now  a light keeps coming   on in the rev counter. Its a cog with an asterisk inside it. Also the egr valve seems to have gone very loud. No engine management light. Is this normal? Cheers

It's unusual for an EGR blanking plate (if fitted correctly) to trigger a warning light on the Lynx engine.  I did mine approx 2 years ago & no noisy EGR valve or warning lights.  I'd check for boost leaks 1st mate.

• Like 3

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, pjbude said:

Hello. It came with two new gaskets so fitted one either side of the blanking plate. Fitted it to the top pipe. Warning light doesn't throw up any codes. Tried taking it out and no more warning light. EGR still sounds quite loud though.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, 1979Damian said:

It's unusual for an EGR blanking plate (if fitted correctly) to trigger a warning light on the Lynx engine.  I did mine approx 2 years ago & no noisy EGR valve or warning lights.  I'd check for boost leaks 1st mate.

hello. How would I check for boost leaks or where should I look?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club