Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

peugeot 308 diesel

jace1969

My brother had a 308 diesel about a year ago on one of those deals where you pay a set amount and all in,just have fuel.

Its the 1.6 Diesel  and when i see him as he don't live close i have a go,so quick and nice to drive and smooth with loads of stuff being top spec.

But one BIG thing,loads of problems and only just over 12 months old,had it new.

1....satnav/computer kept setting itself to default,like setting (bluetooth.stations,places.) went back and done.

2....kept sticking in a gear so gearbox done

3....judder clutch,went it and sorted.

4...last one,came over this weekend(30 miles away)and brake pedal went down,no fluid,got some filled it so went home,low again.going back again.

Over 12 months now so seeing if he can get rid,lovely car to drive etc but French ????????? had to share the beauty of a new French car.

Sat nav won't be made by Peugeot so not really their fault lol.

The clutch seems to be a common issue, my mates petrol 308 is having the clutch done under warranty as well - again it's not actually a Peugeot part so either a bad batch or design flaw.

The brake issue is worrying though, not sure what that is on such a new car.  I would've thought there was an issue with the hydraulic clutch (same fluid) but the clutch wouldn't work either if that was the case!

At the end of the day though, you get what you pay for.  Yes PSA cars are cheap for the spec you get, in the same way Vauxhalls are, but that spec often breaks or isn't what you expected. 

Don't get me wrong its a dam nice car to drive and got a lot of go in it.

I don't know if i could deal with the reliable side and a few other things like the lower seating and no hand brake.

Don't make them like they used to! 

It states its got the best engine in 2015,its amazing how you drive all these other cars and when you get into your own

Cant stand the Hand Brake auto thing.

How can a 1.6 HDi be the best engine of the year?  Even Ford stopped using it!  And they like to hang on to crap engines as long as possible (1.25 lol)... :laugh: 

I'd probably like an auto handbrake, not driven anything with one yet though.

Seating is probably the worst thing for me with new cars, they seem to make seats solid and in odd angles!  Height isn't usually an issue as most height adjust these days.  Having electrically adjustable soft leathers was one of the reasons I bought the Focus!

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

How can a 1.6 HDi be the best engine of the year?  Even Ford stopped using it!  And they like to hang on to crap engines as long as possible (1.25 lol)... :laugh: 

I'd probably like an auto handbrake, not driven anything with one yet though.

Seating is probably the worst thing for me with new cars, they seem to make seats solid and in odd angles!  Height isn't usually an issue as most height adjust these days.  Having electrically adjustable soft leathers was one of the reasons I bought the Focus!

The Audi A3 I'm learning to drive in has an electronic/automatic handbrake, and I am not a fan!  It releases automatically as you raise the clutch, which gives the feeling of not being in full control of when you want to pull away...  I don't know, maybe some like it but I prefer the old fashioned handbrake!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's the PureTech petrol engine, not the diesel...

Yes mate i know,just was saying about how it won stuff.

And yes i hate the Auto Handbrake,its weird to drive and on hill starts its weird as you think your going to roll back.

Found out master cylinder rubbers gone so had to put new ones on,nearly had no brakes,i seem hit and miss with peugeot.

Nice to drive,loads better that my old Vauxhall,then again what aint better than a Vauxhall.

I'd like hill hold to be standard on everything tbh, the amount of people that nearly roll back into me is scary!  Admittedly there aren't many hills in Suffolk but the few we do have people seem unable to drive on them!  However think I'd still like a mechanical handbrake as well, just in case...

MC rubbers failed at a year old?  Damn! :unsure: 

Yes that's what my brother told me when he went into them on Monday.

The rubber seals were leaking,well they did do it quick so nothing like a big job but 12 months old.

Then again he has 15k plus on it but still at 15k sure it don't need seals.

Doesn't matter how big of a job it is...brakes are kinda important to have working lol!

I've had cars that are 15 years old with 150k on the original master cylinder...  Those were Peugeots funnily enough lol. 

On 16/03/2016 at 11:55 AM, TomsFocus said:

Doesn't matter how big of a job it is...brakes are kinda important to have working lol!

I've had cars that are 15 years old with 150k on the original master cylinder...  Those were Peugeots funnily enough lol. 

Lol yes they are a bit important,all cars have there ups and downs but just thought i would mention it being only

12 months old and the problems,i was amazed how quick it was.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club