Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travelman

Travelman

I cannot seem to get a definitive answer to a question, which is:

Can I use 2 aux sockets at the same time? I have a Mondeo Edge 2013 model and would like to use a portable satnav plugged in to the aux in front of gear lever, and a dashcam, plugged into the aux behind the inter-seat storage box.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi Travleman

If you mean 12v socket ? 

Yes as long as you don't pull more current than the fuse.

I have hard wired dash cam, sat nav and rev cam screen from the lead in the centre console that supplies the socket feed and no prob so far (all have separated in line fuse lower rate than main feed)

If you mean aux as stereo then no, unless you like interference or inaldable sound.

Hope this helps

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks Chris. At last a positive answer! I do mean the 12v aux points - eg cigarette lighter. I have heard that it is possible to buy a 'splitter' to use 2 items from the cig lighter, but that is a step too far for this pensioner. Thanks again

Hi 

yes you can get an adapter that will have a plug on one end. the other end will have a block that has got the sockets in 1-3 the cost depends on there you buy from. they are very easy plug n play.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club