Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto opener

chris f

I know that some people have asked this is other threads, I needed to change my tailgate struts as one was leaking and could not hold the weight of the tailgate up.

Went to the ford garage in the next town (local shut for building works) the chap on the counter said with a smile i can order them for you at £47 per side :w00t:. After picking my self up off the floor i politely said i will think about it.

Went home looked on net found the cheapest quinine ford £44 + del. Did find compatable part at £25, Now for something so heavy above my head not going to take a risk, found on a thread a link for a company in Germany, when i looked then checked the exchange rate for the day, £101 inc shipping (free delivery if ordered on the same day). 

So i now have German engineered upgraded parts for £7 more than frauds wanted for the standard part, car only 6 1/2  years old.

May cost more but i would strongly recommend, the idea of buying washers n springs then trying to take the strut apart and get back without damaging anything, remember you or your kids/ partner or wife, stand under the tailgate. That is if you are looking to upgrade.

I now just walk to the car with arms full of shopping press the button then put the shopping straight into the boot, no longer have to put down open boot pick the shopping up again.

link for company         http://schaefer-metallverarbeitung-shop.com/epages/39704e8e-6cb4-4ceb-8548-a5d41479d6a7.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/39704e8e-6cb4-4ceb-8548-a5d41479d6a7/Products/2014022

If you need any more info please ask.

Chris F 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club