Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument cluster wiring problem 2008 ford focus zetec 1.8

nivlac

Hi everyone looking for some help, i have diagnosed a problem to the rear of my instrument cluster,(ford focus 2008 zetec 1,8). The car had been playing up with all sorts of odd things being said on the dash, so i took the the option of giving the instrument circuit board a clean to see if this fixed it(it did not) but what i did find was the fault! which is the grey wire block connector on the back of the cluster does not engage properly when the lock is on causing the dash to think things are wrong with the car that are not, i found if i squeeze the grey block into the cluster the all faults go away and dash is fine,just wondered if anyone has experienced this and knew the best way to fix it, its so annoying knowing the fault but not knowing what to do to fix it, thank for any help 

On 6/26/2016 at 4:44 PM, nivlac said:

grey wire block connector on the back of the cluster

It may be a solder joint on the pcb. It was on mine, and it is very common. See:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=40491

Peter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club