Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the Mk7 a quality car?

Mostapha

I've been reading this forum for a while now and it seems there's a lot of squeaking noises, rattles, software and sound problems. There's paint coming off, clutch sounds. My question is, is the Mk7 a high quality and reliable car? I've been driving a 2002 VW Polo for 7 years now and it's not been in the garage once. The biggest thing I did to it was change the battery after 6 years. I like this in a car, and I want my next car to be as trouble free. Is the Mk7 Fiesta the same, or should I expect it to be not as reliable as my current VW?

My car's delivery date is late January by the way, a 2010 1.4 auto. I absolutely love the way it looks and feels, but reading around here for the past few months got me a little worried, since I intend to keep this one for 5 years.

My car has been 100% perfect - no rattles, squeaks, software problems or sound problems.

I have a few tiny things I don't like - such as the fact that the iPod software isn't sophisticated enough to read chapter divisions in audio books and where exactly DO you put the iPod when using it so that it doesn't interfere with the handbrake, but they're not 'faults' with the car, more design flaws.

I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to tell you that Fords are as well built or as reliable as a VW, but I've owned three Fords (2 Ka and 1 Fiesta) from new and have never had a major fault with any of them.

I agree with Dans comments. Mine has been spot on so far, i've done 8,200 miles now and its still running perfectly.

As with anything, people post when they have a problem rather than posting to say everything just works.

I wouldn't worry too much, looking around at 5 year old fiestas now they dont seem to have any major issues. I'd expect you to have pretty much trouble free motoring unless you're really unlucky.

I think the build quality of modern fords has stepped up somewhat in light of improvements from nearly all car manufacturers. Increase computing power + better robotics is meaning the build process is more consistant, if the original design is good, the car should be good. Ford are launching this model globally, recalls eat profit, on a project this big its likely they've got most of the major bits right.

I have had no software faults.

My paint is fine bar my famous stone chip haha (Cause I keep telling everyone)

Everything else works fine and as it should

I had the squeaky back seats that were fixed by the dealer and now it's totally silent

The door card can vibrate a bit with my heavy loud bass but I expected that cause I like it LOUD, bar that I've been seriously impressed with the stereo.

I like others I suspect have to be perfectly honest been blown away by just how good a quality this car is. Mine was built in Germany but feels so solid, especially the steering wheel, that I would recommend it to anyone.

It's no VW or BMW etc but it's cheaper, it is however VERY good quality and a damn site more exciting then any of the so called German execs. Look at the new 0 series BMW, it's aimed at the Fiesta, will be the first ever BMW but, it STARTS from 16 grand!! Well that's more then my top range fully loaded ZetecS, how much would a fully loaded 0 series be?

But I really can't say enough just how solid the lil fezza feels.

I've been reading this forum for a while now and it seems there's a lot of squeaking noises, rattles, software and sound problems. There's paint coming off, clutch sounds. My question is, is the Mk7 a high quality and reliable car? I've been driving a 2002 VW Polo for 7 years now and it's not been in the garage once. The biggest thing I did to it was change the battery after 6 years. I like this in a car, and I want my next car to be as trouble free. Is the Mk7 Fiesta the same, or should I expect it to be not as reliable as my current VW?

My car's delivery date is late January by the way, a 2010 1.4 auto. I absolutely love the way it looks and feels, but reading around here for the past few months got me a little worried, since I intend to keep this one for 5 years.

I think it's a bit swings and roundabouts really there's good and bad from every manufacturer at some point. I had a VW Golf that I rejected at 4 months after just about every electrical component in the car failing one by one and the dealer having no clue what to do and not really caring it became apparent. On the other hand I had a Lada Riva that was built on the principle of throw down all the parts and attach them together where they fell. However it never let me down once in the 5 or 6 years 90,000miles I had it and despite looking like it would fall apart if you looked at it too long it never did.

VW and others sell cars at a premium based on their reputation and when they do fall apart (and some will) the disappointment as an owner is much greater. Ford has built it's reputation on building mass appeal cars at an affordable price, building up a reputation for reliability and endurance has really only been fullly on the agenda for maybe the last 20 years or so. Certainly when I was growing up in the 70s Fords were about stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap and they were very good at that.

As for todays ford I reserve judgement as I have only had my fiesta for 4 weeks which is too early to tell although there are no faults paint, rattles or otherwise at the moment.

i have had no software faults,no squeaks (except from the drivers seat,but it was a really simple fix),everything works perfectly

Overall, i rate mine at 8.5/10

OK, its not the most powerful car in the world but the superb handling and steering more than makes up for this. In town, the steering is feather light but it really tightens up on the country roads. The steering wheel is great as well. I love the styling of the car, the number of good comments i have got about it is unbelievable ;) I love the interior as well, none of your boring german styling here!

The things im not happy with are the poor interior quality (rattles everywhere), i have had a leak in the boot which took Ford 3 attempts to partially sort, 2nd gear pops out quite frequently (hopefully sorted after service next week) and i feel the fuel tank is a bit small.

Overall, i think the new Fiesta is great. If I can get the small faults which i have mentioned fixed, then i would definetely rate it as 10/10 :lol:

for driving its great , but now days they do use a lot of plastics on cars which cause lots of noises which is a shame.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club