Do Not Sell My Personal Information

are there any of the new shape diesel mondeos that doesnt come with the fuel pump partical problem?

yabby4749

I've been looking at Mondeo diesels for months until someone made me aware that they have this common problem which if it happens, its expensive to repair.. Unfortunately the petrol versions only come in 1.6 for some ungodly reason and I doubt the mpg are good on those.

Do you mean DPF or Fuel pump problems? Neither are that common a problem DPF is fine as long as you arnt doing lots of town work

7 hours ago, yabby4749 said:

Mondeo diesels for months until someone made me aware that they have this common problem which if it happens,

The trouble with the internet is that some problems can get out of scale. Not one I have heard of.

As far as I can see, the only way dirt can get in to the main diesel fuel pump is with a defective fuel filter, or a bodged change of filter that lets dirt in. And that is down to service history on a used car.

I corrected my typos, sorry about that, I was using my phone when I posted this thread, anyway, thanks for the information, the reason I ask is that I googled "mondeo fuel pump problem" and it came up with a few links, to be honest, I have asked people who drive them to and they say that they have not had any problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This problem afflicted the early MK3 Mondeo with Delphi fuel delivery system.

The rollers would break up in the pump, block the injectors and feed the debris back to the fuel tank, expensive job to fix out of warranty.

My MK3 did over 170K miles on the original pump and injectors so not all cars were bad.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club