Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 petrol reserve tank?

Fraser.

Yes, I've driven (wouldn't do it regularly though!) with it on 0 miles to empty, I did about 10 miles so not sure how much more was still in the tank.

Did you see the Top Gear when they drove from Europe to Blackpool? They had 3 cars all running on "empty"

Cool, I thought it would do. It's just I like to use tesco 99 ron in my motor, but the tesco garage is about 3 miles away with my Fiesta sat on the drive showing '0'. Didn't want the nice suprise of running out of fuel on the way there in the pouring rain! :lol:

Yeah I saw that episode, Didn't Jeremys Jag still have about 100 miles of fuel left in the tank when the computer showed empty?!

Although its possible I don't think its very healthy as it drags all the crap through at the bottom of the tank. Once in ablue moon shoudnt do much harm though.

Although its possible I don't think its very healthy as it drags all the crap through at the bottom of the tank. Once in ablue moon shoudnt do much harm though.

People say this, but surely thats what the fuel filter is for?

In my mk6 I went for about 20 miles once when I couldn't find a petrol station in the middle of nowhere late at night with no phone on me. Wouldn't recommend it too often though, ruined a perfectly good pair of trousers in the process! :lol:

People say this, but surely thats what the fuel filter is for?

I suppose a fuel filter can only stop so much though, and what it does stop will clog it up and not allow fuel to pass through "cleanly" resulting in under performance. Maybe :huh::lol:

In my mk6 I went for about 20 miles once when I couldn't find a petrol station in the middle of nowhere late at night with no phone on me. Wouldn't recommend it too often though, ruined a perfectly good pair of trousers in the process! :lol:

:lol::lol:

The ideal setting for a horror movie :lol: