Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Engine problems... HELP

Dean3988

Passed my test a few weeks back... Been driving my MK4 fiesta S reg and it had a slight mis-fire underload.. So changed the spark plugs.. and it stopped... but then it returned again after doing a few miles. so i tried to live with it.. but then it started to mis-fire properly.. at all times just running on 3 cylinders.. So i drove halfrauds and got some new leads.. Fitted them and all was fine.. until it started to mis-fire slightly under load.. Car is quite jumpy in the 2000-4000 revs in gears 2-3 mostly.. Tried checking the MAF sensor but it doesnt even have one haha

So... Is there anything you recommend i dowhich will fix the problem, Except change the coil pack which im planning on doing once i get paid..?

Passed my test a few weeks back... Been driving my MK4 fiesta S reg and it had a slight mis-fire underload.. So changed the spark plugs.. and it stopped... but then it returned again after doing a few miles. so i tried to live with it.. but then it started to mis-fire properly.. at all times just running on 3 cylinders.. So i drove halfrauds and got some new leads.. Fitted them and all was fine.. until it started to mis-fire slightly under load.. Car is quite jumpy in the 2000-4000 revs in gears 2-3 mostly.. Tried checking the MAF sensor but it doesnt even have one haha

So... Is there anything you recommend i dowhich will fix the problem, Except change the coil pack which im planning on doing once i get paid..?

you will find that you distributor will have failed in one port i know this as my mondeo had exactly the same problem and is now sweet with a new distributor hope this helps

if got misfire...

always need to change plugs, leads and coil pack realy...the new parts you have fitted can mask another fault (HT/plug/coil) but the original fault reoccurs.

I believe it has a coil pack, easy enough to get hold of.

Try local factors, maybe even eBay, but best be new if can afford :)

Piggy :)

do check the plugs tho, may need to replace again, due to the one misfiring and clogging up etc

do check the plugs tho, may need to replace again, due to the one misfiring and clogging up etc

When replacing the old plugs... (Which did seem fairly new) They were weak... Just very faintly had a brown tint.. but still looked white..

could indicate the coil.

Always difficult decision, but best to do the whole lot, HT leads are called that for a reason, one fault and it puts stress in another place :)

could indicate the coil.

Always difficult decision, but best to do the whole lot, HT leads are called that for a reason, one fault and it puts stress in another place :)

Just need to sort out my insurance payment for this month (£211... I know) and then buy a new coil.. There £40 from a local shop near me

Firstly my apologies for my inability to help you with that I hope you get sorted; but I don't want to start a new post to simply ask:

Why do SOOOOO many people call Halfords, halfrauds?!!! :lol: Is it just some overplayed joke/incident that Halfords are renowned for that in living under my rock I haven't heard of or what...?! Sorry if it seems I'm hijacking the thread, but I simply have to ask!

Thanks,

Peter

Firstly my apologies for my inability to help you with that I hope you get sorted; but I don't want to start a new post to simply ask:

Why do SOOOOO many people call Halfords, halfrauds?!!! :lol: Is it just some overplayed joke/incident that Halfords are renowned for that in living under my rock I haven't heard of or what...?! Sorry if it seems I'm hijacking the thread, but I simply have to ask!

Thanks,

Peter

Hahaha.. Usually Halfords charge way more compared to local independant stores near me or anywhere else... Halfrauds ;)

plus crap info they give out...dumb techs that think alloys and a chrome trim pipe will knock seconds off your 0-60!

Wait... You mean to say they dont!

Damn those Halfrauds people :(

LOL!

Did peeps here ever see that vauxhall forum post that he thought putting his back seats down, keeping only 10quid of fuel and an empty glovebox in his SXI 1.2 corsa made it as fast as a SRi...seriously! He was quite adiment! (cant spell that! too ill and tired!)

LOL!

Did peeps here ever see that vauxhall forum post that he thought putting his back seats down, keeping only 10quid of fuel and an empty glovebox in his SXI 1.2 corsa made it as fast as a SRi...seriously! He was quite adiment! (cant spell that! too ill and tired!)

LMAO no hahahahah

My car shouldnt move by my glove box! have to kick it shut! haha

Off topic... but i cheesebox'd my air filter today.. and it sounds MINT! haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club