Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About to do my clutch

DavidShinn

Hello,

My name is David and I live in Leeds. I recently had my clutch replaced, but the DMF seems to have become unbalanced within weeks so I'm going to grasp the nettle and have a go at removing the transmission and replacing the clutch/flywheel and release bearing myself. 

I'm running a 57 plate 1.8 litre tdci Focus, and I use biodiesel I make myself for fuel. Already done over 100,000 mile on bio, and the engine runs a treat. Biodiesel has a bad name, but if it's made well and thoroughly tested before use, it's a huge saving over buying pump derv. 

Anyway, I'm going to take my car off the road for a week in the New Year and tackle the clutch. 

I like the Focus and will certainly buy another when this one is worn out, but I'm hoping to run this one another couple of years at least.

Best wishes to all,

David

Hello and welcome David,

If your handy with the spanners you'll manage the clutch and flywheel in a shift. 

Well thank you for the encouragement.  Never done one before but I have the instructions from the Haynes manual and will work through step by step. 

Kind regards

• Like 1

Thank you Joss.

This really is a friendly forum. I will see how the clutch change goes and post any problems I encounter. Might even take some pics and do a how to guide.

Kind regards

David

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club