Do Not Sell My Personal Information

secret hole

titanium_s_spec

cant go wrong with the velcro tape lads, cheap as chips and its a 10second job. if it peels off in a few months just stick more on! mine works a treat with it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven Dark

• Jonny87

• titanium_s_spec

• bigjock

cant go wrong with the velcro tape lads, cheap as chips and its a 10second job. if it peels off in a few months just stick more on! mine works a treat with it.

How do you actually open the 'hatch' though? Do you have to add a pull-tab or something, or just get your finger in at the edge and pull it?

finger at the corner does the job, even better if you were to grow one long nail specifically for the job but i thought this to be slightly excessive.

this also helps keep the secret hole secret! lol

I got myself push click latches from some old TVs ;)

But then abandoned the idea, because I found the hole is to small & thought the hinge wouldn't last long :(

4kp43c8b.jpg

wj3d8sfs.jpg

if the spring clip inside has snapped get i micro screwdriver and on the side prise out the side of the clip and the cover will catch when it is closed and u can still open it :

Can someone give me the dimensions of the size of catch required please.

That's the bit I was on about - but i thought it was the "ashtray" and was meant to be opened? :blink:

I could swear i remember seeing that part with a moulded finger recess to allow it to be pulled open? :unsure: (i guess old age is creeping up on me fast :P :lol:)

I, like you, remember seeing this as a drawer (not sure it was an ashtray or not) so seems that either we are both right or we are both loosing the plot!

Thinking about it - did anyone go for the smoking pack on the new fiesta and is that when they turn it into an ashtray?

I, like you, remember seeing this as a drawer (not sure it was an ashtray or not) so seems that either we are both right or we are both loosing the plot!

Thinking about it - did anyone go for the smoking pack on the new fiesta and is that when they turn it into an ashtray?

That was in the pre-production stages, before they found it was too small to do much with and ditched the draw.

112_0811_04z%202009_ford_fiesta%20interior_overview.jpg

That was in the pre-production stages, before they found it was too small to do much with and ditched the draw.

Knew I was not going mad . . . .

Pushed my tesco clubcard keyring (thin bit of plastic if you don't know what they are) into the secret flap ealrier and busted the !Removed! thing :angry: (the flap, not my keyring!)

Now the "permanent" clip won;t reattach and the bottom "hinge" is as loose as a !Removed!'s knickers. Not good :(

So i'll be looking at a fix for this tomorrow, a magnetic attachment perhaps.

Its been dead funny reading this thread

Everyone discovering the "Secret hole"

Making plans for the "secret Hole"

& now After once month of playing with Holes :D Someone has broken it

Pushed my tesco clubcard keyring (thin bit of plastic if you don't know what they are) into the secret flap ealrier and busted the !Removed! thing :angry: (the flap, not my keyring!)

Now the "permanent" clip won;t reattach and the bottom "hinge" is as loose as a !Removed!'s knickers. Not good :(

So i'll be looking at a fix for this tomorrow, a magnetic attachment perhaps.

Magnets are the way forward on this one FMC. I have them and they work a treat.

Yeah so i finally decided to open the hole...now it won't stay closed. :(

anyone managed to get the magnetic strips and fix them yet?

Yeah so i finally decided to open the hole...now it won't stay closed. :(

anyone managed to get the magnetic strips and fix them yet?

I have indeed. and they work well.. Plus i have a few going spare.. PM me and i may be willing to post them to you.

I have indeed. and they work well.. Plus i have a few going spare.. PM me and i may be willing to post them to you.

Got some pictures?

It must have made it into production somewhere judging by this photo (which isn't a rendering...)

gallery_10828_46_327831.jpg

Hi

There must be a part number somewhere.

And it must be available maybe not on uk spec cars.

If its available i want the flap with handle and the correct locking mechanism

Jamie

It must have made it into production somewhere judging by this photo (which isn't a rendering...)

gallery_10828_46_327831.jpg

That might just be a preproduction motor show model

I think that the smokers pack ashtray fits into a cup holder. It's just a generic part, i think Ford sell them for about £15.

Magnetic strips are fitted, and work a treat. I just have to work out what i'm actually going to use "the Secret hole" for.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277-1.jpg

How sterdy is it with the magnetic strips? & how do you open it when you want too?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club