Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric 12v Tyre Inflation

TripleH

I have a 12v tyre inflator, which I find really handy. Today I thought I would check the pressures on the Fiesta. I couldnt get the machine to give me a reading of the existing pressures, the only way I could do it was to plug into the 12v socket of one of the other cars. Anyone know why this is?

I have a 12v tyre inflator, which I find really handy. Today I thought I would check the pressures on the Fiesta. I couldnt get the machine to give me a reading of the existing pressures, the only way I could do it was to plug into the 12v socket of one of the other cars. Anyone know why this is?

Because that is the way they are designed to work for the majority.

Most electric pump gauges require an unbalance of pressures in order to measure the differential pressure and fire up the electronics to measure this.

That appears to be the case with your gauge.

Because that is the way they are designed to work for the majority.

Most electric pump gauges require an unbalance of pressures in order to measure the differential pressure and fire up the electronics to measure this.

That appears to be the case with your gauge.

Sorry Jeffdeo, but I do not understand what you are saying :blink: . I do not have a problem with 2 Renaults neither did I with my Mondeo.

Was the compressor still working? If it was then the pressure gauge screen is malfunctioning. If the compressor wasn't working then the pump could be broken, or the fuse in its 12V plug may have gone, or the 12V socket in your car is broken, or the fuse for the socket has gone, or maybe the plug was not fully engaged with the socket.

i hate these things having bought one for £50 from halfrauds, it evenually caught fire!!!!! i found it very inaccurate with its readings compared to the one at my local sainsburys.

i hate these things having bought one for £50 from halfrauds, it evenually caught fire!!!!! i found it very inaccurate with its readings compared to the one at my local sainsburys.

I have a michelin one that is very good. How do you know that the one at JS isn't the inaccurate one?

Only reason I ask is that although mine would appear to be spot on, ie tyre wear is even over 1000s miles, I have no way of actually checking the calibration. Anyone know how you might go about this?

I have a michelin one that is very good. How do you know that the one at JS isn't the inaccurate one?

Only reason I ask is that although mine would appear to be spot on, ie tyre wear is even over 1000s miles, I have no way of actually checking the calibration. Anyone know how you might go about this?

Ive used the one at my local sainsbury's since i started driving. those machines are definetly not cheap, so my money is on them being more accurate, plus ive never had any tyre wear problems.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club