Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 zetec fiesta non starter after head gasket change

primus90909

Guys,

I've just done a head gasket on my neighbours P plate fiesta 1.25 zetec, It got very hot and head gasket, I've had the head skimmed and they said they had to take quite alot off as it was very warped.

I've put a new timing belt on and checked the timing loads of times thinking that was the cause of the starting issue. Timing wise i've stuck the pin in the block and the plate in the slots in the cams. all good.

A compression test shows 40PSI on each cylinder (60PSI with a squirt of oil in the bores, which seems low!).

Before the head went on i tested the bores and combustion chambers leak off with some petrol and the level stayed the same overnight - all good i thought....

it sounds like it is chuffing through the inlet and back fires through th inlet when using easy start.

I've changed the leads, plugs and coil pack with known working items.

Any clues or ideas guys?

Cheers!!!

Guys,

I've just done a head gasket on my neighbours P plate fiesta 1.25 zetec, It got very hot and head gasket, I've had the head skimmed and they said they had to take quite alot off as it was very warped.

I've put a new timing belt on and checked the timing loads of times thinking that was the cause of the starting issue. Timing wise i've stuck the pin in the block and the plate in the slots in the cams. all good.

A compression test shows 40PSI on each cylinder (60PSI with a squirt of oil in the bores, which seems low!).

Before the head went on i tested the bores and combustion chambers leak off with some petrol and the level stayed the same overnight - all good i thought....

it sounds like it is chuffing through the inlet and back fires through th inlet when using easy start.

I've changed the leads, plugs and coil pack with known working items.

Any clues or ideas guys?

Cheers!!!

Cylinder pressures are usually ~120 PSI, so it looks as if the valve timing is out, because of the chuffing via inlets.

The cams should have been marked @ sprockets, before dismantling. Sorting this out now needs a bit of experience.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club