Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turning the Radio on

WelshAde

When you get into the car and the aux is on and ive got my music playing through my usb port is there a way to stop this from switching to radio when you turn the ignition on? everytime i start the car up it switches to radio and i have to re-select aux, not a huge problem i know but just a thought.

usb memory stick, and yes, get in the car put the key in and turn it so radio comes on music plays from memory stick from when i switched off before then when i start the engine it switches to radio

usb memory stick, and yes, get in the car put the key in and turn it so radio comes on music plays from memory stick from when i switched off before then when i start the engine it switches to radio

Odd. Mine will come on with whatever was playing when I switched the car off (I also have a USB memory stick) - sorry that I can be of no help what so ever.

The car radio needs to have recognised the USB stick to use it. It seems you are turning the ignition on before the 'USB Initilising' message has gone off the screen. The easiest way to sort that would be a USB device with a faster read time. Or just wait another second or so. I find that by the time i've put my seat belt on then start the car, there's plenty of time to have recognised the device. But if I stall it and restart immediately, the radio does come on!

I have the same 'problem' like you said although not major just wierd,

It's wierd that the USB begins playing straight away then when the actual engine is started reverts back to radio,interesting what slappyhaze about needing to intilise the USB, i'll remember that next time I get in my car and see if makes a difference

Are you using a playlist on your USB? I've found when I use a large playlist, the USB produces a read error, but then after a few more seconds plays! I guess this is something to do with the initialising that slappyhaze talks about. But this is totally inconsistent - sometimes it plays without a problem!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club