Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Car Fiesta -

adamjohn

Hello all. I recently bought for my first car an X reg Ford Fiesta, Zetec 1.25. Really nice looking car and I am very happy with it after driving it for a few months now. I am a big lover of music and at the moment are listening to some tapes I have and my Ipod through a lead to cassette adaptor. I am going to be purchasing a entry level cd player with AUX input so I can play CD's. I have been looking in Halfords and the CD players are more expensive on there compared to the net. Also after some internet searches I am going to need to purchase a new facia for the dash where the Radio is. To buy this extra from Halfords and to get them to fit it is going to cost nearly as much as the CD player will cost! I have therefore decided to try and do it myself. A few internet searches for a guide have not been very fruitfull. So bascially I am asking for advice??

I have determined so far I need (I think).

1. CD Player; http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-KD-R303-Stereo.../ref=pd_cp_ce_3

2. Facia and leads (according to amazon this is all I need?) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030H8...;pf_rd_i=468294

3. Knowledge in removing the existing cassette player and replacing it with my new one.... This bit I am really lacking on.

Any advice / guidance or if anyone knows some decent links online could link me to that would be brilliant. Thanks!

(Once I have done this and is working I shall be looking to get those Speakers changed, Lynyrd Skynyrd just doesn't sound the same quiet and in poor quality!)

good job i saw this, i have done this today!!!

right. buy that kit on amazon now, alongside the cd player

the two prong things in the set is what gets the cassette player out

there are two holes eitherside of the cassette player, put a prong either side of the tape player so one prong is reaching into two holes and the same the other side. then pull the prong sidewards and pull out the tape player

unplug the two sockets that go into the tape player and the ariel lead and leave them hanging

the two sockets in the ford player are the two narrow ones on the picture on the amazon link, you need to plud the ones coming from the car into the adaptor

the other two sockets from the adaptor should plug into the new cd player.

the facia just clips into place where the ford tape player used to be.

The one thing you may need is an ariel adaptor. for my JVC head unit i needed one but luckily we already had one (it looks like an inverted tv ariel lead...pointy metal rod is on the outside)

the clip thing leaning up against the facia is what holds the cd player to the car, screw this onto the back of the cd player (there should be a hole enabling you to do this)

once you've clipped on the facia, thread through all the wires and plug them into the cd player, then tilt the cd player into the hole so that it is "clipped" onto where it holds itself, then push it in and hey presto!

i think i have got all that right!! if you need any more help or for me to clarify anything just say :)

fitting my old head unit in had made a big difference to the sound and its only coming through the standard fit Speakers as well!! :)

good job i saw this, i have done this today!!!

right. buy that kit on amazon now, alongside the cd player

the two prong things in the set is what gets the cassette player out

there are two holes eitherside of the cassette player, put a prong either side of the tape player so one prong is reaching into two holes and the same the other side. then pull the prong sidewards and pull out the tape player

unplug the two sockets that go into the tape player and the ariel lead and leave them hanging

the two sockets in the ford player are the two narrow ones on the picture on the amazon link, you need to plud the ones coming from the car into the adaptor

the other two sockets from the adaptor should plug into the new cd player.

the facia just clips into place where the ford tape player used to be.

The one thing you may need is an ariel adaptor. for my JVC head unit i needed one but luckily we already had one (it looks like an inverted tv ariel lead...pointy metal rod is on the outside)

the clip thing leaning up against the facia is what holds the cd player to the car, screw this onto the back of the cd player (there should be a hole enabling you to do this)

once you've clipped on the facia, thread through all the wires and plug them into the cd player, then tilt the cd player into the hole so that it is "clipped" onto where it holds itself, then push it in and hey presto!

i think i have got all that right!! if you need any more help or for me to clarify anything just say :)

fitting my old head unit in had made a big difference to the sound and its only coming through the standard fit speakers as well!! :)

Thank you very much for the informative reply. I shall be ordering the kit today :)

I got this from argos the other week

Goodmans

Not a JVC I no, but the sound is really good considering I have a standard system and its almost £20 cheaper. Also has the aux in port which I use on my iPhone. With this unit the only other thing you would need is the facia plate (the big thing from the pic in your second link) to make the unit fit correctly in the extra large hole left by the original system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club