Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last ever wash on the Focus, Fiesta coming tomorrow¬

FMC

Gave the ST its last wash this afternoon (at -1°C lol!!) - i know this is the Fiesta section but i feel more at home here than anywhere else lol

It has been a daily workhorse for almost 2 years and 25,500 miles and it needed a quick wash to remove the past month's road dirt and salt!

The last detail I did, it was prepped using BH Autoclay, polished with Megs Swirl X using the PC, and finished with AG HDW. It's been kept topped up with AG Aqua Wax, which does a very good job. Wheels had been sealed with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. It's driven almost 2500 miles since it was last washed lol, and i think the previous protection detail did wonders. Just wish I did a before shot :(

Today however, was just a very quick PW (because of the sub zero temperature!!), then a single hot bucket wash with Megs Hyperwash and a mitt. Rinsed with the hose and dried to the best of my ability with an MF waffle towel, although by that time i was slipping on the ice formed on the ground and the towel was having trouble absorbing the water, i presume due to the temperature. Wheels were spared any of my newly acquired Bilberry, just because I'm tight!

Inside plastics, dash and doorcards were wiped over using AG Fast Glass! (I really didn't want to fuss too much, but Fast Glass is a very versatile product ideal for a very quick wipe over in this situation!)

Bye bye ST, it's been great having you! :)

S8003557.jpg

S8003559.jpg

S8003561.jpg

S8003568.jpg

temp.jpg

Very nice motor there,

Been very well looked after by the sounds of it, pictures are cracking.

Thanks mate

Wheels have never been near a kerb, and it's got very few naturally inflicted marks on the front end.

It's overdue for a 25K service, needs front brake pads (possibly discs too) and will need a pair of new tyres soon too, so i'm getting rid at the right time! :P

"Single bucket wash" WASH your mouth out fella! :lol: :P :o

Looks niiiiice, shame to see it go :mellow:

"Single bucket wash" WASH your mouth out fella! :lol: :P :o

Looks niiiiice, shame to see it go :mellow:

Keeping my second bucket for the Fiesta Dan :lol:

Besides it was too cold and it was the final wash on the car so i couldn't be arsed to do a proper 2BM wash. I used as little product as i could! :P

It is indeed a shame to see it go, it's been a great car, never had a problem with it (whereas loads of fellow ST owners of similar age cars did experience problems). It's been rallied through the forest, has achieved very high speeds on tarmac, even appeared in Performance Ford magazine! B)

But needs must, and it's costing too much to keep, given there's only one income in our household so it's onto pastures new with the Fiesta, which I'm really looking forward to getting into!

Great car in the best colour. Assuming you took a test drive of the Fiesta, how do the two compare?

You're probably going to laugh, but no, i haven't driven a Fiesta yet! :lol:

Not going to be an easy comparison for obvious reasons, but i'll share my findings on the Fiesta as soon as i get the time

:)

:(its been a year and i still miss my st now,ive missed it so much that i am thinking of getting another one! goodluck with the fiesta mate its a great car,just needs a 5 cylinder engine lol

:(its been a year and i still miss my st now,ive missed it so much that i am thinking of getting another one! goodluck with the fiesta mate its a great car,just needs a 5 cylinder engine lol

:lol:

I know i'm going to miss it, a lot, and nothing other than another one, a Mountuned one, or a new FRS is ever going to compare! But i can't see me ever having another one becasue by the time i'm able to afford another one they'll probably have stopped making them!

You will be pleased with the Fiesta mate. Weve got the 2.5T Mondeo, its an amazing engine but it struggles to get 25mpg :ph34r:

You will be pleased with the Fiesta mate. Weve got the 2.5T Mondeo, its an amazing engine but it struggles to get 25mpg :ph34r:

Thanks. I can totally relate to that mpg figure - past month it's been averaging around 26.0-26.8. In the first 5,000 miles we had it, it struggled to do better than 22.0 and when it was remapped with the Dreamscience, it was about the same but was able to be driven harder (therefore very slightly better mpg) and gave around 24.0 when driven conservatively. As it's aged, the mpg has definitely improved, perhaps markedly so after it exceeded 15000 miles.

To anyone thinking of buying one, they're a great car but they will drink petrol and eat front tyres if driven hard. Mine went through its original 4 (which were swapped front to back after 4500) in 7500 miles, then the next pair of fronts in a further 5K, and next pair after a further 7.5K (which had been on the rear originally)! We tended to nurse it after this as it became too hard on the finances to find £250 for a pair of tyres lol

:lol:

I know i'm going to miss it, a lot, and nothing other than another one, a Mountuned one, or a new FRS is ever going to compare! But i can't see me ever having another one becasue by the time i'm able to afford another one they'll probably have stopped making them!

think its got about 15 months before st no more,going garage tomorrow to talk money but i think i am going to be disapointed,there not cheap anymore.come to think of it since ive owned my fiesta its shot up by nearly three grand!!!

think its got about 15 months before st no more,going garage tomorrow to talk money but i think i am going to be disapointed,there not cheap anymore.come to think of it since ive owned my fiesta its shot up by nearly three grand!!!

Yeah, i think i did well buying mine at the time i did and for the price i paid!

So far, slight niggles apart, i've heard nothing but praise for the new Fiesta, and i'm a Ford fanatic through and through, so i'll find praise for it no doubt! Maybe i'll keep with the Fiesta and upgrade to the sportier petrol versions when they arrive! (fingers crossed) :)

Thanks. I can totally relate to that mpg figure - past month it's been averaging around 26.0-26.8. In the first 5,000 miles we had it, it struggled to do better than 22.0 and when it was remapped with the Dreamscience, it was about the same but was able to be driven harder (therefore very slightly better mpg) and gave around 24.0 when driven conservatively. As it's aged, the mpg has definitely improved, perhaps markedly so after it exceeded 15000 miles.

To anyone thinking of buying one, they're a great car but they will drink petrol and eat front tyres if driven hard. Mine went through its original 4 (which were swapped front to back after 4500) in 7500 miles, then the next pair of fronts in a further 5K, and next pair after a further 7.5K (which had been on the rear originally)! We tended to nurse it after this as it became too hard on the finances to find £250 for a pair of tyres lol

very true i got 7000 miles out of my tyres front and back and averaged 19 mpg after the bluefin remap!

Very nice car :) shame that you're financial situation means you can't keep it any longer... you'll enjoy the Fiesta though definately :D

Looks loverly that ST...love how its still 'wagging its tail' for you after a wash....obviously oblivious to the betrayal coming up! :lol: sure she will understand though!

Been a long wait though hey pal...get them pics and comments up ASAP! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club