Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Stop-start doesn't seem to work


Nick.C
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've bought a car about 3-4 weeks ago, everything was well, stop-start was working all the time. Then all of a sudden it just stops working. The battery is fine, I hardly use the climate controls. Anyone know what can be wrong with it??

Link to comment
Share on other sites


The stop start will not work if any engine faults OR if you do just short trips all the time. Mine does not work due to doing 0.8 mile to work each way to work but if I reset the MPG and do a trip to the cost and back (60miles each way ) still does not work that day , then works the next day no problem for a few days. Other things that will prevent it working are cold weather , aircon requirements and battery charge level etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine was also fixed by resetting the battery monitoring to do this not sure if it's the same with the Fiesta but

Key turn to position 2 wait 10 seconds then next step (The one just before you turn the engine on)

press rear fog light button 5 times

Hazard light button 3 times (Your hazards will stay on but don't worry just turn them off after you finish everything)

Wait 10 seconds until your battery light flashes then turn off.

 

Turn car on and go for a quick drive and see if it works again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2017 at 9:30 PM, Nick.C said:

 I hardly use the climate controls.

You should use it - or the seals will dry out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

You should use it - or the seals will dry out

Just use it for minimum 5 minutes a week and the seals will be fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, Ryan_Tango said:

Mine was also fixed by resetting the battery monitoring to do this not sure if it's the same with the Fiesta but

Key turn to position 2 wait 10 seconds then next step (The one just before you turn the engine on)

press rear fog light button 5 times

Hazard light button 3 times (Your hazards will stay on but don't worry just turn them off after you finish everything)

Wait 10 seconds until your battery light flashes then turn off.

 

Turn car on and go for a quick drive and see if it works again.

Tried this this morning ,  :) everything working again YAY!

BRILLIANT!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just recently I was on Morphine for a week and, of course, during that time I didn't use the car.   When I eventually started using it again the stop start didn't work.   After driving for a couple of days it started working again so I guess that the battery voltage dropped slightly while it wasn't being used.   The battery has to be dead right or it won't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are so many parameters that have to be met before it will work, it can appear very temperamental. @Bobr hope you are feeling better, morphine is great heh! Pain not so great though


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

There are so many parameters that have to be met before it will work, it can appear very temperamental. @Bobr hope you are feeling better, morphine is great heh! Pain not so great though


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Jonro.   Just a small upset with a broken back some years ago that flares up occasionally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Jonro.   Just a small upset with a broken back some years ago that flares up occasionally.


I broke my back in 2011 and have had pain and balance problems ever since. Unfortunately I broke it again 6 weeks ago so the pain is still very fresh. I'm going to have to start being more careful lol.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/07/2017 at 7:12 PM, Ryan_Tango said:

Mine was also fixed by resetting the battery monitoring to do this not sure if it's the same with the Fiesta but

Key turn to position 2 wait 10 seconds then next step (The one just before you turn the engine on)

press rear fog light button 5 times

Hazard light button 3 times (Your hazards will stay on but don't worry just turn them off after you finish everything)

Wait 10 seconds until your battery light flashes then turn off.

 

Turn car on and go for a quick drive and see if it works again.

Worked for me on my 16 reg Titanium with keyless start thanks. The dealers said it was the battery low and only long runs would fix it but even after 200 mile run it still did not work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brilliant tip my 2014 1.0 Ecoboost stop/start suddenly decided to pack in the green light illuminated on start up I did the fix as described and it is now fully operational thanks for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/08/2017 at 11:54 PM, Jonro2009 said:

 


I broke my back in 2011 and have had pain and balance problems ever since. Unfortunately I broke it again 6 weeks ago so the pain is still very fresh. I'm going to have to start being more careful lol.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

Breaking your back once is unfortunate, twice is carelessness. :tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 7/28/2017 at 7:12 PM, Ryan_Tango said:

Mine was also fixed by resetting the battery monitoring to do this not sure if it's the same with the Fiesta but

Key turn to position 2 wait 10 seconds then next step (The one just before you turn the engine on)

press rear fog light button 5 times

Hazard light button 3 times (Your hazards will stay on but don't worry just turn them off after you finish everything)

Wait 10 seconds until your battery light flashes then turn off.

 

Turn car on and go for a quick drive and see if it works again.

How on earth does this work? Did it today and it worked. 

Thank you!! 

 

Anyone know how or what it does Nd why it works? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 10:28 PM, 10tenmen said:

Brilliant tip my 2014 1.0 Ecoboost stop/start suddenly decided to pack in the green light illuminated on start up I did the fix as described and it is now fully operational thanks for the help.

I also reset the battery using the method .I thought it was a leg pull. Low and behold it works. Start stop all working straight away.Thank you all so much....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership