Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overheating

JordanKA

Hi guys just wondering if I could get some information from you. My KA 1999 1.3 is overheating when stood still. I have put new thermostat on still no luck. I noticed my fan never cam on so ran a 12v feed to it and it works fine I've checked fuses all seem good but not sure 1. Which relay it is and 2. Where the temperature sensor is. Any help would be appreciated 

years ago I had a Mk1 Fiesta (which I think is pretty much the same engine as yours)which would overheat and whilst than fan would come on it always seemed to come on a bit late when the engine was already too hot. I put a switch on the dashboard so I could turn the fan on and off myself when i thought it needed it , based on temp guage and being stuck in traffic etc. Not ideal but cost nothing as I was just using stuff I had laying around in my garage. Sometimes it's easier to bypass the problem rather than getting to the root of it on an old car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club