Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help me choose...

Strutter

Firstly, hello :lol: have been browsing the forum for abit as I have been looking into the new fiesta for abit (Currently own a MkVI).

Tho, I have questions, mostly born from confusion of what you get and what you dont get between certain models that are given on the Ford website, and the Brochure.

So... if I may ask.

How much do you feel is it worth getting the Titanium Model over the Zetec?...(although reading im I right to believe that you can only get the Apperence body Kit on the titanium, if thats the case then I have little choice)

The next thing is What packs should I be looking at if I go for the titanium, their seem to be conflicting packs that allow me to have full USB controls for an iPod connection (somthing I need as I entend to fit my own sound system into it), is the connection just a standard USB to iPod connection or do I have to use the Ford one in particular, was wanting to know if their was a goo layout/ list of what you get and what you dont get with each pack.

On the Ford website you go to compare and it just lists the optional extras as part of pack, tho its doesnt mention what pack, how much it costs and what else it includes.

Right now my thinking is to order the Titanium, White (wasnt keen on white but saw some of the pics from the owners in here and with the dress kit, looks amazing!), Dress kit, the larger 17" alloys.

Any help/ advice input, price I should be looking to pay etc etc, would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Firstly, hello :lol: have been browsing the forum for abit as I have been looking into the new fiesta for abit (Currently own a MkVI).

Tho, I have questions, mostly born from confusion of what you get and what you dont get between certain models that are given on the Ford website, and the Brochure.

So... if I may ask.

How much do you feel is it worth getting the Titanium Model over the Zetec?...(although reading im I right to believe that you can only get the Apperence body Kit on the titanium, if thats the case then I have little choice)

The next thing is What packs should I be looking at if I go for the titanium, their seem to be conflicting packs that allow me to have full USB controls for an iPod connection (somthing I need as I entend to fit my own sound system into it), is the connection just a standard USB to iPod connection or do I have to use the Ford one in particular, was wanting to know if their was a goo layout/ list of what you get and what you dont get with each pack.

On the Ford website you go to compare and it just lists the optional extras as part of pack, tho its doesnt mention what pack, how much it costs and what else it includes.

Right now my thinking is to order the Titanium, White (wasnt keen on white but saw some of the pics from the owners in here and with the dress kit, looks amazing!), Dress kit, the larger 17" alloys.

Any help/ advice input, price I should be looking to pay etc etc, would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Welcome to FOC Strutter :)

Well, I went for the Titanium having originally ordered a Zetec S and then changed my mind. I was actually lying awake at night thinking I'd done the wrong thing, so even though it delayed my order by three weeks or so, I knew I had to go for a Titanium.

Some of the options are available individually as well as in the packs - the USB you mention for example. You can get this as part of the tech pack, or on its own. Launch the configurator on the Ford website, and you can change all your options with prices included - plus if you choose a confliciting option it will tell you.

In my opinion, your decision for a white Titanium with dress up is a great one - white Zetec Ss are ten a penny here, only two of us have Titaniums with dress up ;)

Get the 17" wheels and USB, myself and a lot of others regret not getting it. The ZS has a slightly stiffer suspension I think, and you can turn off the EPS, which is part of a pack if I remember rightly.

The Titanium comes with The flip in/out wing mirrors as standard, and the ZS is part of a pack with rear (black) parking sensors, which put me off. Cruise control on the Titanium, which I didn't need as the nearest motorway is 50 miles away.

White is a great colour to have, everyone comments on it, but the cleaning!

I also didn't like the plastic "crome" on the Titanium, It looks nice with the black though.

Ahh well that helps, so I dont have to get a Tech Pack as such, just the USB connection on its own then?

I tried the Configurer on the Ford site (ignoring the prices) buts alot of things are missing in the optional extras, like just being able to select the USB connection, as all the options where part of a Tech Kit, you also couldnt have the 17" alloys on the options list, jsut another type of 16", which I found odd.

I forgot about the cruise control, im 90% on the motorway to and from work.

The Zetec S would be wasted on me TBH, tho the better steering feedback was talked about alot, im never gonna get the chance to really use it that much, and would preferr ride comfort overall.

I figured the Chrome would work on the White or the Black, but after seeing pics on here, esp with the Kit, the white is my favourite with the plus it saves on money.

Its going to be interesting to sort the dash with the headunit Speakers and Sub I want in it tho.

Welcome to the forum Strutter! :)

Hopefully I can try to answer some of your questions.

If we use a 1.4 engined, manual 5 door as an example - the on the road price for a zetec is now astonishingly £14,397.07

- whereas for the equivalent Titanium it is £15,163.37

However, you shouldn't really be paying anywhere near this much.

So for that example and I think also over the rest of the range the Titanium is £766.30 more than the Zetec, and for that extra cash you get -

*A perimeter alarm (Only goes off if a door, the boot or the bonnet is forced open - no interior volumetric sensors) £204.35 on Zetec

*Single zone climate control (EATC) I have mine on at all times whilst driving, hugely useful. Not available on Zetec

*Electric folding door mirrors - Can press a button to make them fold and they auto fold on locking. Part of City Pack on Zetec which is folding mirrors and rear parking sensors for £357.61

*Stowage pocket on the front passenger seat back - WOW! Useful nontheless. Not available on Zetec

*'Auto' wipers and lights - Work well in my opinion. There's a massive thread about the pros and cons if you do a search. £102.17 on Zetec

*16" 15 spoke alloys on the Tit, 15" ones on the Zetec (Still nice alloys mind, they just look a tad small in the big wheelarches)

*Cruise control. Not available on Zetec

*Rear privacy glass. Pretty cool. £51.09 on the Zetec

*Second remote ignition key. Titanium key is a flippy key whereas the Zetec one is the oval shaped one with the fixed key bit. Second remote key £30.65 for Zetec

I think they're the key differences between the two models, not forgetting that you can't have the 1.6 Ti-VCT engine on the Zetec and if you want the Full Dress up kit (you want it trust me!) then that's only available on the Tit too - for £510.87.

Other packs for the Titanium -

Tech Pack - Keyless Entry, Ford 'Power' push start/stop button, bluetooth and USB (I haven't got this so can't really judge!) £613.14

Titanium X Pack - 17" Alloy Wheels (beautiful but very kerbable!), ESP (inc EBA), Leather Trim (didn't really want leather at first but now l love it, smells nice, looks good and easy to wipe clean) and Rear Power Windows if you get a 5 dr only £1,021.74

There you have it!

If you go onto drivethedeal.com or dealdrivers.co.uk they usually do you the best deal of any online car broker. You buy the car from a main dealer and only pay the dealer any of your money. (The brokers make their money from commission from the dealer who they give guaranteed business to.)

Failing that get a print out of your quote from the broker and take it into your dealer and ask them to match it or at least get close it it. If they won't then walk away, someone else will! Final point, when you've agreed a deal with the dealer (make sure you take a calculator) work out the percentage you've saved overall from the list price of the car. Then take each of the options that you've specified and apply the same discount factor to each of the options!

An example from the brokers-

Dealdrivers will do you the 1.4 manual, 5dr Titanium for £12,367

Drivethedeal will do the same car for £11,462.41 - that's a !Removed! good deal btw - £3466.76 off list!

Sorry about the essay, hope this helps! :D

If you hang on 'til this coming tuesday - I collect my 'Squeeze' Fiesta Titanium with the optional full body kit and the optional 16" 7-spoke alloys - nothing else.

I will post photos later that day or the following day at latest. Might help you decide which model to go for.

Just a thought...

If you hang on 'til this coming tuesday - I collect my 'Squeeze' Fiesta Titanium with the optional full body kit and the optional 16" 7-spoke alloys - nothing else.

I will post photos later that day or the following day at latest. Might help you decide which model to go for.

Just a thought...

Knowing your luck Nightowl they'll write it off moving it from the prep area onto the forecourt! :lol:

Knowing your luck Nightowl they'll write it off moving it from the prep area onto the forecourt! :lol:

Yeah - very true!

I'm so unlucky - if I was one of triplets born to Dolly Parton - I'd be the one on a bottle!!! ;)

Just a thought...

Havent seen a squeeze with the dress up kit yet... am looking forward to your photos!

Havent seen a squeeze with the dress up kit yet... am looking forward to your photos!

I thought I posted some pics when mine was delivered???

To be honest, if I was going for a 'standard' colour I think I would have gone for the ZS as somne of the extra's on the Titanium are pretty useless for me and also I would have been able to have the 17" alloys without having the full X-Pack (not a lover of leather)

BTW - Strutter - if you do go for the X-Pack to get the alloys, I was told it was the kit with the biggest markup and I got it for about 710

They are in My Gallery . . . .

. . . . .anbd it is FKING STUNNING!!!

I know, for a Fiesta, it was not cheap (well list price anyway) but it is just so stunning . Love watching myself drive past shop windows and looking at the reflection - and also can't help looking back at him whenever I park him up and walk away

Thanks very much for all the feedback and the SA Andrew! lol, but it puts across that the Titanium version is the one to have.

I wasnt OVERLY struck on the new shape, but saw the full kit on it from the members in here, in white and that changed everything, esp with the larger wheels, I think the arches needed more filling for me.

So looks like im happy with the Titanium, the full USB iPod connection (have my own car cable so I assume its the standard iPod dock connection to a standard USB?)

In White

Full Kit

The 17" alloys

Im even more excited because in Belfast I havnt seen a new MKVII with a full kit, spoiler looks good lol.

Prob in about 2 weeks I will go and slap my diposit down (how much is that usually?), from what I have read here im looking at the very best about 10-12 weeks before anything would arrive if im lucky, being in Belfast im willing to bet it takes that bit longer to arrive!.

Is their anything else I should consider?....I thought about the start/stop button, but then I figured it would be fun for about a month or so then just become the norm, or it would be something else just to go wrong on a car.

Im crap at haggleing tho.

I was jsut going for the 1.4, how is the fuel economy on them?...the Petrol on my current fiesta was very very good, so IM kinda going with what I know and hoping its round about as good.

Go on one of the on line car buying sites (I used buyacar.com) and price up what you want an then that'll give you an idea of what price you could get.

and if, like me, you are crap at haggling, get a price from one dealer and then take that to another Ford dealer and see if they will better it - you keep going between then until you get the price YOU are happy with. I got mine for about 14K which, considering the spec, I thought was excellent!

!Removed! limited on Ford Dealers in Blefast tho, might be willing to take a couple of days and travel alittle further if i can find decent delerships mildly close.

So far the Dealer gave me 14,520 on everything thats full kit wheels and somthing else I asked for at the time but cant remember, it might have been the metallic paint.

I'v seen a few near misses on the ice at Ford, one involving a squeeze just like paul w's

Pea Pod looks quite good debadged, what made you do that?

Pea Pod looks quite good debadged, what made you do that?

Thought that the badgeing on the back of the car made it all look a bit cluttered so when they garage called me to say they had finally recieved it and was there anything I wanted done during the PDI I said removed all the badgeing - he seemed to hink that the TITANIUM was something to show off but when I told him the only thing that might end up on the rump would be a Mountune badge - he agreed. Looks good eh??

Thought that the badgeing on the back of the car made it all look a bit cluttered so when they garage called me to say they had finally recieved it and was there anything I wanted done during the PDI I said removed all the badgeing - he seemed to hink that the TITANIUM was something to show off but when I told him the only thing that might end up on the rump would be a Mountune badge - he agreed. Looks good eh??

i debadged my baby as well and it looks so much better...

on top of that the debadging was sooo easy, that now i regret waiting to do it, just because i had been scared sth. could go wrong :lol:

so everyone who wants to do it, but doesnt dare to, just do it, on a new car it should be no problem!

So... if I may ask.

Hello mate, welcome to the forums. Let me throw my 2 cents in for ya ;)

When I was looking for a new car, I was just kinda looking but because at the time the scrapage scheme was limited on time I had to buy, my poor old Rover Coupe was starting to get rust on the door panels and had done over 170k mile (Kudos to the Honda engine in it)

So I chose the Fezza. Anyway, I test drove the Zetec S petrol with the 17" wheels and full kit luckily and I was sold on that model, I was simply not interested in the Titanium as I wanted the sporty car, well living in Dorset/ Somerset borders we have lots of twisty roads ;)

Now, getting this model I had a kinda set price for my monthly payments, around 300. So I knew I would be limited on my options, I wanted the full bodykit as everyone on here will tell you it looks wicked and I wanted the street pack to get the big wheels and black windows and ESP.

I then had to add the side skirts as they were optional at the time.

I then weighed up my other options and went for the full top end stereo, bar sat nav, as I had the sub/ amps in my Rover and wanted this car to be cheap to run so big MDF boxes and subs were out, I went for the full USB, bluetooth voice control system and it's brilliant. I would recommend you ensure you have the full voice control as it integrates so well and is great for changing heating temp etc without taking your eyes of the road.

The other option I went for was the EATC, this also integrates with the voice control.

And that has me over the moon, I wanted folding mirrors but chose to spend the money instead on the heated windscreen as EVERYONE told me to get it and I have to say it works !Removed! well, I've not missed the mirrors though as the Fezza is small, I haven't missed the parking sensors because visibility is very good.

I wasn't interested in any leather etc so didn't bother, and my payments are around 300 with full payment protection and I'm happy.

So you need to do the same really, make sure you've chosen the model you want and TAKE A TEST DRIVE before you make ANY decision. It sounds like you've decided on the Titanium so like me you have a model in your mind that you want. If you like the drive and feel of the car then decide how you will pay for it, then have your monthly payment target in your head and get your dealer to price the car up, ensure there are no hidden costs too.

Now I had to put down 1000 pounds to secure my order which comes of the price, I guess it's the same? But ask your dealer, so if you take a grand of your cost straight away, then if your using scrapage take another 2 grand off. Now it's up to you what else you want to place down.

After you have worked out how much you can put down, you can then get a quote from the garage.

So my advice is take a test drive before you do anything unless you have already of course. Ensure you have full voice control which I think may be standard in the Titanium? Have a set target price in your head that you know you can afford.

As for the stereo, well, I like the standard one but people have installed subs and front Speakers. You have to connect the iPod vis both USB and stereo aux with the Ford system, the USB port charges, controls, and gets track information from the iPod to place on the screen. The AUX port is for the sound itself, I played safe and brought the Ford cable for the iPod s I know it will work and it does work very well and it's very fast at track changing again I can use voice control for the stereo.

I also opted for the bluetooth built in for my iPhone and again use voice control. If you want to use USB and bluetooth then buy it as an option from the factory. Some people on here are trying to retro fit these items but it is by no means an easy task and I don't think anyones been successful yet...

Someone has also fitted a sub and amp to the standard head unit, the thread is on here somewhere.

You can by all means change the headunit but it will mean hacking the control centre up one way or the other at present because of it's design. IMO it's not worth it, I would rather keep the standard head unit, changing the speaker cables, install better Speakers and a sub/ amp. It entirely depends on how far you want to go really. Has anyone else changed the headunit?

Hope I haven't gone on too much? Just wanted to tell you how I decided what to get.

I told him the only thing that might end up on the rump would be a Mountune badge - he agreed. Looks good eh??

Does look good, i agree!

I'm torn with the debadge idea, I like how it looks and you have to know more than your avarage about the detail to know what spec it is, for example, the crome trim and fogs to know it was a Titanium.

I also like a few bagges just as long as they are attractive looking. I like the crome TDCi badges for the diesels and also think the Zetec S adds a sporty look. The new style Fiesta font im not that keen on tho and may have that off this weekend..

Funny - it was the funky new Fiesta badge that I did like. As for the ZS badging, I think the body kit is what makes it look sporty and not 6 little letters on the hatch!

It depends on how importantly you value the "gadgets" which you get as standard on the titanium over the zetec s. If the dress-up kit and 17" alloys are the only options which interest you, then I would suggest that you get a Zetec S.

For the 17" alloys and bodykit on a titanium, you would have to buy the "X pack" and th "Full dress-up kit" (around £1500 of options). You will never get this money back when you come to trade it in. The Street Pack on the Zetec S is about £500 and the bodykit is standard.

I wasnt interested in the cruise control, ambient lighting etc of the titanium so I went for the Zetec S and put the options on it which I wanted. Just my opinion, hopefully it helps a bit :blink:

The Zetec S is now more exclusive as well :P

The fiesta to me isn't that great looking :huh:

Untill you add that bodykit and spoiler :lol:

I'll be going down the ZS route when I hopefully get around to buying mine next month. Going through Ford Direct you can get some brilliant prices! I'll hopefully get a Zetec S with the street pack & side skirts, then get the USB/bluetooth added later on if i cant find one that has it already included.

Cant wait for February now, been saving up for ages I'm ready to empty my saving account :o

Test drive at the end of the month also, living in Cornwall I have to wait for the demonstration season to start again because there are no Zetec S's down here to Demo

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club