Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk3 2.2 TDCi low idle on start

Mandrake

Hey guys, new member, I've had a look but apologies if this has been answered before.

I've just bought a lovely 2.2 TDCi Ghia X Mk3 and I love it. So big, so comfortable, so economical. Chair-con! Etc.

So I bought it knowing there was an issue with a low idle on start.

This was identified by the previous owner as an EGR valve issue. I had a mechanic look at it and he confirmed the fault was the EGR valve.

The issue was that on start, thew engine would idle around 600RPM for a few seconds (no throttle response) then kick up to 8-900 and be fine.

I thought to myself, that's an easy fix, just blank the EGR valve. So I did (full blank no holes). The issue is still there. I'd say before it did it every time, now it does it maybe half the time, and it seems to take less time to kick back into normal idling.

ANy thoughts? Just leave it? Maybe change the fuel filter? Let me know what you think I'd be very grateful for your thoughts.

Cheers fellas

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club