Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Seals

WelshAde

Anyone had their door seals peeling off?

the rubbers on mine have started too peel, nothing to do with the recent bad weather as it started before the frost etc, noticed beginning of december and reported it too the dealer, waiting on a fix, i could repair it with some double sided tape but why should i on a brand new car.

the rubbers on mine have started too peel, nothing to do with the recent bad weather as it started before the frost etc, noticed beginning of december and reported it too the dealer, waiting on a fix, i could repair it with some double sided tape but why should i on a brand new car.

I know the bit you are talking about - down the edge of the door. It is just glued on. Take it into Ford and you run the risk of them making a mess of it. Just use a spot or two of CA (Superglue) and it's sorted.

If you think thats bad, just ask Focus owners about their windscreen seals that fall out at the top of the window ! Fix for that is Glue too !

Is your car quite an early one (assuming its a Mk7) Ford made a slight design change in mid to late 2009 to add some extra clips to hold the seal in place - might be worth asking if they can retro fit those clips to solve the problem on your car.

No problems on my ZS so far, but I was one of the unlucky facelift Focus ST owners with the pop out windscreen seal :lol: I never bothered to get it fixed, just kept pushing it back in! It was OK as long as you didn't go above 110 (apparently :P) :lol:

I noticed my driver side windscreen seal was popped out slightly the other day, going to mention it tommorow when my car goes in for it's service.

• 3 weeks later...

I had new seals fitted at the dealers yeaterday, they took the old ones off and fitted brand new ones which i watched them do, the door closed much better, sounded better if you know what i mean, got up today and went ot the post office, opened my driver door and the seal has peeled off again!!!

dealership here i come lol... i feel a bit of a div going over though as its only a glue job but like i said these seals were brand new on yesterday.

My drivers side seal was peeling off a bit. I got mine stuck back on at it's 3 month service, been fine ever since!

they are well and truly stuck back on now, they rekon its because of the recent cold weather the glue didnt stick properly, so when it went in yesterday the older mechanic did the job, the guy with 30+years of experience, he used a hot air gun and took about an hour to do it and they are not going to coem off now, the glue has really bonded now

:lol: that's worrying, they took 5 mins doing mine! !Removed! cowboys...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club