Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Replacement Bulbs

Hamster

Classy! :shocking: and pointless. You'd be better off just cleaning your headlamps:laughing:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Classy! :shocking: and pointless. You'd be better off just cleaning your headlamps:laughing:

Not mine I just fitted the light bar. only a 1.0 naturally aspirated 

considering the overall value of the vehicle is 250 pounds; he says it wasn't worth getting specific with LED bulb upgrades

As the vehicle is only used to commute to work, it's gone to scrap when it fails an MOT, he says; calculating the cost of headlight restoration equipment and upgrading the bulbs; the light bar worked out 30 pounds cheaper and addressed the issue of low light output at full beam illumination,

if the car goes then the light bar is more universal to salvage than a specific bulb type.

Thought I'd share for the laugh; I'm not trying to discourage from the main topic or valuable content.

Turn that baby on and the Yaris elastic band would snap ! 😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Turn that baby on and the Yaris elastic band would snap ! 😂 

Should have it's own alternator or a dynamo on one of the rear 13" wheels 

21 hours ago, firebatbirdv8 said:

• 1 month later...

Hi all 

got myself a 2017 edge uk spec titanium. someone has had a HID Kit fitted for the h7 and an led fitted and the h15's

issue is the led's wont work on drl only flick on and off when the indicator is cancelled anyone else having this issue fitted normal h15's and i get my 3 levels fine side, drl and main.??

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 11:37 AM, El Fendo said:

Thank you all for your comments in this topic. I have been reading all the information that you provided very carefully and I can say that the job in my 2017 Edge Sport is now successfully finished and done. I will copy/paste below the message I have just posted in a Ford Edge forum in Facebook with my experience:

So, finally I have finish off the upgrade from halogen poor/yellow bulbs into LED crisp white lights. The change in visibility and looks on the car is just surreal and astonishing. I am doing this post for those interested, to let you know the light bulbs that I have purchased. I have been suggested in previous posts to use bulbs that require extension cables, however this is not necessary with the set up I have done in my car described below. I have used the new lights since yesterday and so far no errors or faults reported on the dashboard. So, there we go:

- FOG LIGHTS: They can be accessed from the wheel side or from the front. I think the wheel side option is more difficult but you can do it from the front. The bulbs are LED H11 and I bought these ones for £17: https://www.amazon.co.uk/…/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_2dO3Cb1KRC… 

- HEADLAMPS: In my 2017 Sport, the left side of the car is a lot more accessible than the driver side, because this side has the anti-coolant tank in front of the opening of the headlamp and it leaves very little finger room to work around. I decided therefore to remove the whole headlamp to replace the bulb after more than one hour fiddling with the space and loosing my patience. There are videos in Youtube explaining how to remove the headlamp and it’s not rocket science really (just a couple of bolts) although for this, I would recommend you do it with somebody else’s help. On your own can be tricky. The inner lights serve as Side lamps, DRL’s and Main beams. The bulbs are H15. I bought these ones: https://ebay.us/9GpjF2 from brand TXVSO8 and costed me £35.

The outer lamps are H7 headlamp bulbs. These are, without a doubt, the most difficult ones to change (to me). The original halogen bulb is pushed into its position with a spring. This spring has to be used also with the LED bulbs, but the LED bulb has a massive fan in the back, so the tricky game is to unclip the spring completely, insert it in the middle of the LED bulb and then put it back in to ensure it is properly held. This, without taking the whole headlamp out is really difficult, and even more if you have chunky fingers like me… I bought these ones for £12: https://ebay.us/ok3XfA.

POODLE LIGHTS: These are dead easy to replace. The lights are located under the two rear-view mirrors. When you look at them from underneath, you will see that they have a clip on one side and a notch/slot on the other side. Insert a screwdriver on the side of the clip and lever it out. The whole light will come out (bulb and fascia). There are two cables attached to the side of the fascia which can be undone easily by hand, or with the help of small pliers. I bought these ones for £13: https://www.amazon.co.uk/…/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_TBO3Cb0M21…. These lights come with two little wires that are to be joined with the wires I mentioned before, instead of being connected directly to the fascia as the Ford ones (small difference).

That’s all! It is incredible the difference that a £77 expense in bulbs can do in your car.

I hope with this post to be able to help others that are considering the change to LED. All the best.

OK, new to the forum. I have a 2017 Ford Edge and have been hunting for new headlights as I have been very disappointed with the ford set up. I used this above set up, cost me £80 all on amazon and I removed the headlight units (takes 2 minutes to do) to fit the new LED Bulbs. All I can say is just WOW! what a difference, no errors and fantastic looking lights that dont dazzle and give great lighting. Its like a new car now, thanks for all the info 🙂

Glad it all worked. Mine are still going strong too. They look great too, so crisp and white and not like yellowish candles like before. 

Forgot to say, the OEM puddle lights were so bad that I did not even know I had them! It was only when you were all talking about it that I looked lol. Anyway the new LED puddle lights are fantastic. 

8 hours ago, RamDez said:

Forgot to say, the OEM puddle lights were so bad that I did not even know I had them! It was only when you were all talking about it that I looked lol. Anyway the new LED puddle lights are fantastic. 

Yes you can actually see stuff with them. Whoever would have thought of that ?!! 😂 

Hi all,

if you have a pcp plan on your car, are you expected to change back to the original bulbs or other parts maybe if you hand the car back to ford at the end of your plan?

I fancy changing the puddle light bulbs and also buy other things but I wont unless I keep my Edge after my plan ends.

thanks

I suppose it would depend on what your plan says. If there is text that says the original spec of the car has to maintained to OEM then you probably should put them back. If it doesn’t say anything then please yourself. Even if you have to return to original spec, it takes about half an hour or so to change all the bulbs back. No big deal really. 

So, all the way back to the beginning of this thread and my new Edge ST-Line has LED's as OE. Yay!!

If anyone is interested I'm selling, only on here, the LED's I fitted to my old Edge, now on a local Used Car lot.

They are relatively easy to fit, if a bit fiddly.

£55, for all three sets, inc postage, and if we can organise it i might even be able to deliver them, in which case its £50.

One to one support if you need help fitting them.

H

IMG_0470.thumb.jpg.fd4a50141b99ada14b985f7f7d47c2f7.jpgIMG_0469.thumb.jpg.18c217a1f5740c219f6d0c4c98b80fa1.jpgIMG_0468.thumb.jpg.92ccf26b8b6491a09718d3cccf8b4615.jpg

I read this thread with interest after a dark night drive down country roads thinking my lights were very poor. Glad I'm not the only one to think so. I followed hamsters buying advice and replaced, all bulbs including puddle lights.

The DRLs, side lights and high beam are all fantastic. The high beam really lights up the road better than before. However the dipped beam coming from the H7 bulb seems really poor. I've got the 4 sided bulbs linked in the first post, it almost feels as if they aren't really on, I have confirmed they are. Duff bulbs perhaps as everyone else seems to be getting on well with the H7 4 sided bulbs? 

Just to follow up on this, I took the 4 sided LEDs out and the originals back in as the new ones were so poor. I ordered these off amazon. They're really really good, clear crisp lines and light up the road really well. 

I think the issue with the 4 sided ones is that they mounted in the lamp so all the led chips were at a 45 degree angle and it just wasn't projecting the light. Also some talk online that 4 sided are too thick and don't emit the light from the same point and therefore doesn't work with the factory reflection inside. It's possible the design has changed since hamster ordered as the pictures you've all posted of yours looked great. The manual for the 4 sided bulbs did say you could adjust the light rotation by 15 degrees but you couldn't. 

Anyway anyone following along, this guide is great, thanks to hamster for all the info, really fixes the poor factory lights. At time of writing the 2 sided LEDs I I linked from amazon work great, no errors, great light and no one has been flashing me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, Hamster said:

By 'eck, you people don't half take some convincing.

Whilst it's dark go out to your Edge (I know you have a Mondeo!) and take a willing volunteer with you. If you have auto lights turn them off. With the volunteer in the vehicle and you stood in front of the vehicle note the brightness of the two DRL, these are the ones towards the middle of the car. We can call this Middle Brightness number one. Get the volunteer to turn on the SIDELIGHTS and you WILL see the DRL go a bit dimmer. We can call this dim brightness number two. Now get the volunteer to turn on the headlamps, next notch round. You will see the outer lights come on, that's good. Now with the left hand stalk get the volunteer to flash (or push) the main beam on. You will see the DRL, centre, get brighter, brightness number three.

Can then, the people with Edge's come on here and back me up?

I can't believe you find it so hard. DRL brightness is the normal running state, put the sidelights on and this dims the DRL's a bit. Put the main beam on and this increases the DRL light levels a bit. It doesn't matter whether they are filament or LED the basic operation is exactly as it should be

There is none of this residual current malarkey. It is as it should be. I do know, and have seen, this effect on inferior (not interior) LED replacements and it is not this.

Quite honestly, with my Ford experience, I am usually the one answering the questions and not defending my position. I'm new to this particular forum as I've just bought an Edge and I know I have a particular style of posting but as you will soon hopefully agree I do know my stuff when it comes to Ford and their vehicles.

Whether or not you choose to 'believe' me is your choice but I know absolutely, that I am right.

H

Agreed, I have changed mine to LEDS, and I also have 3 light levels as described!

Has anyone had to change their reversing lights?

I have a 2017 Edge 210 Sport, and have changed to LED headlights (what an improvement they made) but I live in the Country, and often have to reverse in narrow lanes......

My Edge does have LED reversing lights but they are really poor......any advice ?

On 1/13/2020 at 3:30 PM, andy4115 said:

Has anyone had to change their reversing lights?

I have a 2017 Edge 210 Sport, and have changed to LED headlights (what an improvement they made) but I live in the Country, and often have to reverse in narrow lanes......

My Edge does have LED reversing lights but they are really poor......any advice ?

No, I reverse quite a bit in the dark (as my road is unlit and narrow) but I find that a clean reversing camera, the existing light and reversing guidance lines are really good. The camera is far better in the dark (much brighter and better definition) than trying looking out the back or use mirrors (as the drivers mirror and rear mirror are auto dimming and reduce light levels!).

Hi All,

New to the forum after buying a White Edge Sport.

I have been reading many posts and I have purchased the LED lights as mentioned.

It mentions one of the bulbs is a little difficult to fit correctly.

I have noticed that they now sell Adaptor retainer clips on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-LED-Bulbs-Holder-Adapter-Retainer-Clip-For-Ford-Edge-Nissan-Qashqai-X-Trai/123815446655?hash=item1cd3f9c87f:g:8hkAAOSwkNFcrJ~Y

Would this be the solution to that problem and worth buying.

I am assuming if I use this, it will ensure the bulb is in the correct position resulting in not blinding oncoming traffic.

With Thanks

Peter

No need for any adapters the correct LED Bulbs fit straight in. They can be a bit awkward to fit and easier with headlamp unit removed. The wire clip bulb retainer needs to be removed completely to allow it over the fan on LED,  then refitted.   Hope this helps.  

It does eddiek, thanks for your reply.

My previous car (Honda Accord) you had to take the front bumper off to change any bulb so removing the light from the Edge will be simple in comparison.

Just one other question to all,

Briefly mentions MOT on the post.

I assume so long as the LED's are fitted securely and in the correct position (COB's to left and right). MOT should be no problem ?

Or do people change back to standard for the MOT

Hi All

My 2016 Edge Titanium went straight through mot with led lights conversion, I must be honest in saying that had forgotten about changing to led until after mot.

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I had my first MOT last week and there was no mention of any issue with the LEDs fitted. As long as they are decent quality and seated correctly, the beam pattern should hardly change. As it passed, the beams must be fine. 

Hi All,

Bought all bulbs now (just waiting for the last ones to arrive)

I have fitted the Fog lights and they work fine, just to see the colour match with the others to see if I am satisfied

However, turned them on last night and then off and I noticed the passengers side was still on

Turned on and off again and both went off.

Would you say this is down to poor quality bulbs and better quality ones should be ok?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club