Do Not Sell My Personal Information

retractable mirrors

ferretfloozy

hello people.. anybody have any advice on whether you can stop the mirrors folding on the fiesta mk :) 6.5 when locking doors with key fob please. i know if you use the key to lock it then the mirrors wont fold but its seem pointless having remove locking if your using the key ..what im wondering is if they can be set to only fold when using the double lock function .. had a look in the hand book but cant find any reference to it ..just says they fold when locked remotely..tried ringing ford dealer but they seemed to think it wasnt worth a reply any help would be gratefull even if its to say no cant be done thanks julie

If you hold the switch on the end of the indicator stalk for about 5 seconds (the one you use to change between mpg, distance to empty, trip milage etc) then you access the vehicle settings menu. The option to disable automatic folding should be here (I think). :)

thanks already tried that . theres no catagory for it on the mk 6.5.. googled it and as you say on the mk7 its in the display menu was wondering if there was a sequence of button presses on the remote programming

If there is no way of stopping them in the settings then maybe you will have to disconnect them? Either that or chuck a load of superglue in there, that'll stop 'em. For sure

lol thanks jonny ..or i could just wait till they stop working on their own ..thats why i dont want them activating all the time .. would have been nice if i could have turned the auto retract feature of and manually done it from inside if i required it .. maybe i'll just open it up and let the smoke out -when the smoke escapes from electrial stuff it always stops working

lol thanks jonny ..or i could just wait till they stop working on their own ..thats why i dont want them activating all the time .. would have been nice if i could have turned the auto retract feature of and manually done it from inside if i required it .. maybe i'll just open it up and let the smoke out -when the smoke escapes from electrial stuff it always stops working

What the hell? They have started smoking?!?!?!?!?!?

So let me get this right, you want to stop them retracting because further down the line you think they will break and stop retracting on their own?

no i want to stop them auto retracting because. i do lots of short trips and i use the alarm/remote locking . but if i use the remote then the mirrors retract- what im saying is the amount of usage they get (about 8 times a day average) will eventually cause the mechanism to wear. its also unecessary for them to be folded when parked in my garage ..was hoping i could turn off the auto retraction and do it manually when needed ..like the mk7 fiesta ( i dont want to stop them completely)if its not possable then i will continue to use the key to lock the door as they only auto retract on the remote.. incidently when i bought the car - passenger mirror didnt work and the dealer replaced it .. dealer says its a common fault all to do with a plastic gear wearing out,which is why i enquired as to could i disable the auto retract feature ... :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club