• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#16 MR5H0LL

MR5H0LL

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hoping someone can help me. I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta Ghia with a Aux port. When i connect my Iphone up to the stereo the sound is sometimes crackly and sometimes sounds like it is under water. When i change gear it either knocks the sound clear or crackly depending on how it already was. I thought it could be the cable at first but have tried 3 different ones and no change. Also tried hoovering the port in case it had some dirt. Any suggestions?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 sausageroll

sausageroll

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:45 AM

Hi, sorry to sound stupid but this is driving me crazy....

a couple of things, first of all I have my phone connectedcvia bluetooth and this works fine as a phone (do not want to use the phone as a music player just a phone)

BUT, when I try to connect ipod touch I am having major problems, every time i connect it using the usb it automaticaly switches off the bluetooth in the car and disconnects phone.

If I connect the ipod via bluetooth it disconnects the phone (phone is more important to me)

So, it connected a memory stick with music on, this has one of two random results, it will either play the music on the memory stick (but switch off the bluetooth in the car)

Or not work at all

Is it because I iz 40?......

plug and play dawg nab it, plug and play I say :(

(also still cant find notch in sill for jacking point but I'll save that one for another day, (when i have found a jack and spare wheel for less that 150, gggrrr)

Thanks for listening, rant over, back to work now.

#18 Vix

Vix

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:07 AM

So I've got an intermittent issue with my USB/iPod Touch connection - only had the car since Friday and already problems :(

When I got home on Friday, first thing I did was connect the iPod Touch up - no sound :( Kept connecting and disconnecting it and eventually it started to play through the stereo. Come out on Saturday morning, connect it all up - works first time! I'm impressed.

Get in the car on Sunday, hook the iPod Touch up, it just defaulting to Line In now, even though the iPod is charging so there is obviously a connection via the USB for it to be doing that? I've got into the menu to try and chose USB or iPod, but its greyed out and won't let me select either. Gave up with it yesterday as it was just annoying me, so back in the car this morning to go to work and its still not detecting the iPod and I can only play music via the Aux connection...

Any ideas?! The dealer is due to call me today to see if everything is okay, so will obviously mention it to them, but is it something I'm doing wrong?

I'm using the official iPod cable that came in the box and an old 3.5mm aux lead that I had in my ST.

#19 simps100

simps100

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Anyone running with iOS4 yet? Apple fixed them bugs?

#20 Stanroo

Stanroo

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

So I updated last night and plugged into the car this morning. It picked it up straight away. Usually it doesn't work! However in the past, after plugging it into the computer and then the car straight afterwards it tended to work properly for a few times and then stop. Gonna give a few days and see what happens but ::touch wood:: maybe they've fixed it?

#21 Barky

Barky

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium, X Pack, Dress Up Kit

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Anyone running with iOS4 yet? Apple fixed them bugs?

I updated my iphone yesterday to version 4 but the ipod feature on the phone still automatically starts playing when the phone connects to the fiesta's bluetooth.
Does this still happen to everyone else?
It is so damn annoying

#22 Sarasdonkey

Sarasdonkey

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 MK 7 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCi

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Hi Dan, great review, just a query , i only have the aux socket fitted , so is it possible to retro fit the usb connection ? ? ?

#23 Vix

Vix

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

I have run the leads under the driver's seat and then velcro'd the iPod to the underside of the driver's seat. It's very neat, the iPod is always ready (yet out of sight of thieves) and the handbrake is unimpeded.

Just out of interest, can you confirm that you don't have to reconnect your iPod every time you get in the car? I just bought the cheap Y-Cable from eBay, but it made the sound quality awful and crackly, so I'm going back to my tried and tested iPod cable and 3.5mm AUX cable. The only issue with this is that every time I get in the car, I have to disconnect the iPod and reconnect it which is a right PITA! I've tried doing it from the USB port but that doesn't work, it has to be from the iPod itself.

I'd like to do as you have done and 'hide' the iPod away somewhere.. but there's no point if I have to keep reconnecting it when I get in and out!

#24 aceuk

aceuk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: zetec s

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hi
Just bought a Zetec S today pick it up Saturday :) .
I have a Ipod nano - do these work the same as an Ipod.
Also has anyone tried an Archos through the USB .

#25 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

Just out of interest, can you confirm that you don't have to reconnect your iPod every time you get in the car? I just bought the cheap Y-Cable from eBay, but it made the sound quality awful and crackly, so I'm going back to my tried and tested iPod cable and 3.5mm AUX cable. The only issue with this is that every time I get in the car, I have to disconnect the iPod and reconnect it which is a right PITA! I've tried doing it from the USB port but that doesn't work, it has to be from the iPod itself.

I'd like to do as you have done and 'hide' the iPod away somewhere.. but there's no point if I have to keep reconnecting it when I get in and out!

Sorry, only just seen this.

It's a case of plug in and forget. My iPod just stays under the seat and I never think about it. It does charge while the ignition is off but I've never had any battery issues.

Regarding the iPod Nano - yes, same principal as the bigger iPods.

#26 aceuk

aceuk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: zetec s

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

DanGull - Thanx just got to get a jack cable now.

#27 Vix

Vix

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Sorry, only just seen this.

It's a case of plug in and forget. My iPod just stays under the seat and I never think about it. It does charge while the ignition is off but I've never had any battery issues.

Hmm ok - can I check what aet up you are using? I was using a Ford original 3.5mm cable from my ST and a genuine Apple USB cable. I ordered a Y-cable off eBay which affected the sound quality, but did play the iPod as soon as I got in the car. I've since sent that back and ordered a shorter 3.5mm cable with the iPod USB.

Am I better off maybe trying a different USB cable??

#28 DanGull

DanGull

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

I'm using a genuine Apple cable and a 2m unbranded 3.5mm-3.5mm jack lead. That's with a 30GB 5G video iPod.

:)

#29 Vix

Vix

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

Same set up as me then.. but I've got an iPod Touch. Maybe its a Touch thing then :rolleyes:

#30 DanGull

DanGull

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Well - the iPhone shares software with with Touch and I've had no end of trouble with the Mk7 and iPhone, so I'd say yes - it's safe to say the Touch is the problem.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users