• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#46 hellybob

hellybob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

I sorted this by updating my Ipod touch software from 4.1 to 4.2.1.

My next question is is there an easy to scroll through all the artists as I have thousands of songs and it takes ages to work through the alphabet?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Joely

Joely

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec
Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

I use the ford cable. I quite like it, it works perfectly and still doesnt interfere with my bluetooth, and to above, i think the only way once connected is to use the up/down arrows.
I just make playlists of my favorites songs.

#48 Gareth Mattey

Gareth Mattey

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.25 Studio (59)

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hi,

I got my fiesta today, i thought all models had aux input and it was just usb and bluetooth optional but mine just has a cig lighter with a cover next to it which im guessing it isnt meant to come off. Anyone any ideas how i can connect my phone to car? I know theres fm transmitters etc..

#49 pat2000

pat2000

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

i have a zetec and to connect my ipod touch i use a 3.5mm jack to jack cable wich i bought on ebay for 2.52 including p&p and plug into the aux connection next to the 12v socket.works a treat.

#50 screamer

screamer

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Titanium

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

How easy is it to convert just a AUX to USB & AUX?

#51 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,631 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

How easy is it to convert just a AUX to USB & AUX?

In a word: not
In fact, it's (so far) impossible. Have a read of this.

#52 screamer

screamer

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Titanium

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

In a word: not
In fact, it's (so far) impossible. Have a read of this.

thanks for the link, it sounded too easy lol

#53 ross1985

ross1985

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec 1.4

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi can i just ask if i set my iphone up the way you have said with USB jack cable and an unbranded 3.5mm jack - 3.5mm jack cable will the ubs cable which came with my iphone charge the phone too? im only asking as i have not got my 2010 fiesta yet picking it up thursday.

#54 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,631 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yes iPhone will charge from USB.

#55 ross1985

ross1985

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec 1.4

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

ideal thanks for the reply.

#56 Trixter

Trixter

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi i just changed my battery in my Fiesta and come to find my radio locked....
The model i think is M040124...
Will be great if you could help.. thanks

#57 BHeart

BHeart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: 7.5 Titanium 5 Dr,1.0 80PS Race Red

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi

I have a few questions about connecting my iPhone 4 to the car system via 'bluetooth' only, and then using the Ford "Y" Cable which I hope that someone can help me with?

Ok, when I connect my iPhone to the system using 'bluetooth', everything that I need to work, works fine but, I have music on the iPhone and I would have thought that it would have automatically playedmy music once it had connected, but it does not. What do I need to do to get this to work using 'bluetooth' only?

When I connect the iPhone using both 'bluetooth' and the "Y" cable, do I actually need the 'bluetooth' enabled for the phone to work as it does when connected via bluetooth and, secondly, again with regard to the music, if I'm using the "Y" cable only, how do I get the music to play through the car?

Last but not least, I've read in the Fiesta forum that the Fiesta supports "Ford Audio", how can I tell if my car supports this?

Note: I have the latest Apple software installed on my iPhone 4.

Thanks, BHeart

#58 merlin

merlin

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCi

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

http://www.ford-mobi...d=3&intro_date=

This is the page on Ford website to check your car against phone for compatability.

To get music playing thro speakers via bluetooth only you have to have opened your player on your phone and started something playing 1st!! Once started just pause it, it will start off again when you switch to aux on dash. Only problem is you cant stop it unless you switch back to radio or turn bluetooth off. You wont see any details of whats playing, and you can only jump thro tracks one by one on that playlist or adjust volume via steering controls.

Tip is to create a favourite play list on itunes and iphone, put in what you really like for short hops for something to listen to, then use cable for more control on long trips.

When looking thro long playlists if you hold down bottom arrow on dash control it will jump alphabetically. Real quick tho.

To change playlist you need to go back with left arrow on dash control then up/down and right again when you find what you after. Pain in !Removed! when driving tho, if you let go to pay more attention to road it jumps back to where you started after a few seconds. Needs to be changeable from steering wheel controls!! Come on FORD get act together.

#59 Zion Fox

Zion Fox

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Zion
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2014

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

After a bit of testing with my Dell Streak (5") I can confirm that bluetooth call handling works, and so does USB music. (Dell Streak running Android 2.2)

You MUST put your phone into USB Storage mode BEFORE selecting the USB Auxilary. Failing to do so can render the device unreadable until engine (or radio) switchoff. Setting the device to USB Storage Mode after aux selection may cause the phone to complain about the SD card, but does not corrupt data on there. Disconnecting the phone from the USB usually fixes the problem, and in (known) 2.2+ the phone will scan and check the SD card before mounting it.

Browsing directories within the SD card is as normal, using the screen for directory names and the four arrow buttons to navigate them. ALL SD card directories are accessable, but some will not display files that are not playable by the decoders (currently the decoders can read .WAV, .WMA and .MP3)

I will test Audio over Bluetooth in a few minutes when I get back into the car.

Bluetooth voice calling works (after programming names to numbers in the directory?). Accepting calls via the phone (slide to answer/answer button) or via the radio controls, and audio quality is fine. When playing music via USB, it will pause/volume 0 the music stream during a call, and resume/volume last after the call ends. I have not tested calling people via voice commands or via the phonebook access due to me being a first time driver (4th day after passing my test) and not being that experienced to concentrate on my phone for a bit. I may test when parked at the house.

Just a bit of information for you fellow Android users.

Edit: I've tried the Audio over Bluetooth today, and it workes fine. Playback is controlled by the device, and not the car though, so it's overall better to use USB. Similar situation when getting a call, the volume is muted, and the call goes through fine. The only problem i've found is that the phone calls use bit streams and audio/music use buffers, and it takes a while for the car to switch between the two (and tell your phone to do the same), which means your music will play back after the call has ended, however every 4-5 seconds there will be a 2 second gap in the sound 2-3 times while the car waits for the stream, but gets a buffer, until your phone and car are properly sync'd with the buffer size, then playback is fine.

#60 Zorg

Zorg

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Mandy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

I can't get my iphone4 to sync with the car, any advice no USB only a jack

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users