Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Brake Issue

wilberforce

Just had a strange issue occur with the brakes on my 2003 1.8 tdci Focus.

New pads & discs have been fitted all round in the last 500 hundred miles and today for whatever reason, the warning light comes on under fairly heavy braking and whilst going round roundabouts. Also whilst stationary with the engine running and pressure being applied to the brake pedal, I get the impression that the pedal is very slowly going towards the floor.

The fluid was not topped up when the new pads were fitted.

There is also a 'click' from somewhere in the engine bay when I apply the brakes whilst the car is moving but not whilst stationary.

No evidence of any leaks are visible around the calipers or under the engine bay and the master cylinder top is tight.

Any ideas as I don't have any?

Cheers

Just had a strange issue occur with the brakes on my 2003 1.8 tdci Focus.

New pads & discs have been fitted all round in the last 500 hundred miles and today for whatever reason, the warning light comes on under fairly heavy braking and whilst going round roundabouts. Also whilst stationary with the engine running and pressure being applied to the brake pedal, I get the impression that the pedal is very slowly going towards the floor.

The fluid was not topped up when the new pads were fitted.

There is also a 'click' from somewhere in the engine bay when I apply the brakes whilst the car is moving but not whilst stationary.

No evidence of any leaks are visible around the calipers or under the engine bay and the master cylinder top is tight.

Any ideas as I don't have any?

Cheers

is there plenty fluid in the bottle it could be the sensor but if the pedals going to the floor you have a leak check the hoses front and rear and if it persists get it checked while it still stops

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club