• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 mont

mont

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

You can add me to the list. I had front checked 2 alloys clearly buckled from inside. 2009 16' titanium 16 spoke on hanknok brand 195/45/R16

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 savcom

savcom

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

Ok - all updated upto this post. Picture updated too, so post #44 with the table on it should auto-refresh.

Savcom

#63 stevenj

stevenj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta titanium 1.6d
  • Year: 2010

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Hi

All four of my titanium alloy wheels are also buckled.

I felt vibration through the steering wheel and through the floor so i had the wheels balanced and to my shock all four are buckled.

I saw it for my self as i had a mobile tyre fitter balance them and i saw the buckle bob up and down ARRRRGHG

They are fully balanced now but iam not buying four (4) new alloys i will leave it as it is as i cannot afford 600 on wheels.

Surely we should do something about these crappy soft metal alloy wheels i have never had this problem before with my previous fiestas (6)

Jamie

Hi Jamie,
Yes my shiney 6months old Fiesta Titanium went in this week to have the vibration checked out, and guess what 4 badly buckled alloys. with a smile from ear to ear the fitter informed me they wanted 730 to replace them, I duly informed him I have been driving 46 years and never buckled a wheel, now i have managed to buckle 4 on the same car without any suspension damage !! I would have had to drop the car from the roof of the house to do that type of damage.so another set of inferior alloys at 730 to go the same road in a month or two is not happening.Ford are 100% responsible in my book, and its up to them to put it right.The battle has just started.
Stevenj

#64 charlie866

charlie866

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4 titanium 5dr in Avalon Blue
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Add another 3 for me 16" titanium Im damn sure havent hit any potholes big enough to damage my wheels. Been driving 28 years this is the first car Ive had problems with wheels looks like some aftermarket alloys for me certainly wont be buying off ford.

#65 stuart21

stuart21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: stuart
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

add another 4 for me

#66 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 292 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

I think the new style of alloy must be a lot better, I don't think we've had anyone yet complain of those ones being buckled.

#67 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

I think the new style of alloy must be a lot better, I don't think we've had anyone yet complain of those ones being buckled.

I hope this is the case and that they're a better quality than all the others :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users