#61 RAB B

RAB B

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: ROBERT
  • Ford Model: FOCUS MK 2 2.0LTR HE DURATEC
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

checked for some power their to bulb holders none!! checked wire resistance all good so must be controled buy the GEM module me thinks as all wiring and fuses check out :angry: :angry:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 nickfrancis86

nickfrancis86

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Nick
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TI_VCT Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hey,

Just picked up my 2010 1.6 Zetec S and I found that i have the bracket but do not have the connections. I only had a quick glance, am going to have a better loot tomorrow and see if i can find anything that may have been hidden.

Hope its there, i want to fit some blue LEDs.

Nick

#63 Mark0

Mark0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

My 10 (60 plate) Zetec S has the little brackets, but no bulb socket or wiring. They must have taken these out in the 2010 models.

#64 Reeda

Reeda

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8tdci

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

My 2008 zetec has them, after reading this post went out and hey presto, bulbs in sorted

#65 Sport Rider

Sport Rider

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name: Howard
  • Ford Model: Focus zetec Tdci Sport
  • Year: 2011

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

my 2011 Zetec S has the holders i just needed to put the lamps in

#66 WHITEyy118

WHITEyy118

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Sport 1.8TDCi

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Nice find.

Just found the holders, and wires, on my Focus 1.8TDCi Sport. Suprising really considering the lack of extras on a Sport model yet I have footwell lights, minus the bulbs obviously. Now just to find a nice coloured bulb, amber is so boring.

EDIT: I just was browsing through other forums and I read that some people who have a 6000CD stereo, an aux button but no aux input do actually have the wires for it. Like the footwells with no bulbs all that is missing is for the wire to be connected up in the glove box and the socket.

#67 Drazha

Drazha

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Dragutin
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

Just to confirm that my 2005 LX 1.4 Petrol has the same plastic holders wired up and working. Plugged two bulbs I had rattling about, and they work.

Just one comment: the plastic holder actually can "twist and turn" and get out of the metal bracket, so if this happens, just make sure you don't hold the bulb and to the twisting and turning cause you'll end up in a bad place :)

#68 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

gutted just checked my 2010 zetec S and no joy :( previous owner just wanted the good looks on the outside it seems... iv just got the bracket but nothing for a bulb and no wiring.... any ideas were i can get the housings for the bulbs??? and any ideas how much ford would charge to have this installed.... iv recently replaced most bulbs for LED's and this mod would look the dogs swingers lol

#69 WHITEyy118

WHITEyy118

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Sport 1.8TDCi

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

A little heads up. An ideal bulb is an Ultra Blue 1. I got some from Halfords at 4 (a bit pricey) but it finishes the car. Although its Ultra Blue it has a slight green tinge to it so it goes with the rest of the green dash, looks the bees knees.

#70 focus steve77

focus steve77

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: focus zetec
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hi was wondering if anyone knew if this red plug behind the glove is to plug the wiring for front footwell lights..... 06 zetec climate pack
Have not got the wiring present so took off glove box and found this plug (red) has 6 pins...?
Any ideas from people with the footwell lights most appreciated, colour of footwell wires etc....

Attached Thumbnails

• post-25115-0-61059300-1313174311_thumb1.jpg

#71 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,061 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

gutted just checked my 2010 zetec S and no joy :( previous owner just wanted the good looks on the outside it seems... iv just got the bracket but nothing for a bulb and no wiring.... any ideas were i can get the housings for the bulbs??? and any ideas how much ford would charge to have this installed.... iv recently replaced most bulbs for LED's and this mod would look the dogs swingers lol

You can get the holders from Fleabay.

You could just run 2 wires from the central curtesy light and down front pillar to the bulb holders , simple job to solder them up and save you an hours labour charge from ford.I would use LEDS to reduces power rating and not bulbs.

I did this with my rear center bulb by adding small Red LEDS near the rear quarter light to light up rear seats with a red glow , looks nice in the dark :P . Also added Red Leds to the back of the center consol which lights up the rear foot wells.

#72 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 11,024 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Whiteyy -

EDIT: I just was browsing through other forums and I read that some people who have a 6000CD stereo, an aux button but no aux input do actually have the wires for it. Like the footwells with no bulbs all that is missing is for the wire to be connected up in the glove box and the socket.

No unfortunately the wiring isnt always there, you can buy a kit from Ford for a reasonable price (yes Ford and Reasonable Price where in the same sentence!, no I havent gone mad entirely!) you can then wire it up, as from memory you just slot these plugs into other little slots on the rear of the radio cabling, and once affixed that will give you the ability to listen to AUX.

I saw somewhere on the web many moons ago a "how to" on this, think they did it on a 6000CD on a Focus C-Max - never the less detailed pictures and description, unforutnately I havent been able to find it since...

#73 Dave71

Dave71

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec (sports pack)
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the neat tip, just popped in some bulbs today and looks good.

#74 alexlark

alexlark

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus Style 1.6 TDCi (110) Sports Pack

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Haven't got the bulb holders :(
08 1.6 TDCI Focus Style

#75 Chizn

Chizn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

Popped down to local motor factors at lunchtime, bought 2 bulbs for 67p, popped in, working!

Thanks! (2008 1.6 Zetec 100)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users