Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Electrics. Indicator Problem :(

tazz786

Hi all,

Have a problem and really need some help. My car was working fine and all of a sudden this problem. When driving and put the indicator on it works fine. But when i press the break all the back lights start flashing ( break, indicators.. ) instead of just the correct indicator. Also. If i put the side lights or main head lights on then once i indicate they all flash. Evem without the break being pressed.

Any ideas anyone? Could really do with any suggestions. Im new so might need a bit of detail if possible.

Thanks all

sounds like an earth fault. you will need to remove the earths for the lights and clean them using a bit of sandpaper or similar.

Thanks mate. Quickest reply ive ever seen. Do you know where about they are and how many. Its a 2001. Focus is that helps?

Thanks again

:lol:

IIRC you need to remove the piece of plastic trim that runs along the length of the boot. not sure where the earth will be for the headlights though. at the side of the fuse box under the bonnet there are 2 earths there, these are really bad for corroding so i would do them while your at it. be careful with these ones, i had to drill and tap one on my focus as the bolt sheared.

Thanks. The headlights are all fine. Its just the back. So i will take the plastic bit off and hopfully will see what i need and finally fix thos problem.

Again thank you :)

Thanks. The headlights are all fine. Its just the back. So i will take the plastic bit off and hopfully will see what i need and finally fix thos problem.

Again thank you :)

ahh sorry, i thought you meant the sidelights/headlights were flashing too :lol:

i cant remember what holds the plastic on but other than that i think its just a 10mm spanner and something to clean the connection with.

let us know how you get on :)

Sorry my fault should have made that clear. All the front lights are working fine. Its jus the back that doesnt want to work :( im going to be trying this tomorrow in morning and will take some pics. Hopfully everything will be ok. Thanks for all your help will keep you informed.

• Like 1

The bulb holders could be causing a fault too, worth a look to see what condition is like. Even swap over known good ones from other side to test.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club