Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod / Mp3

btd1975

Hi all,

Bought a second hand (08) Style 1.8 TDCi recently and have read about the MP3 jack in the glove box. I have this in mine, is it a simple case of getting male to male jack to connect it up and turn the stereo to Aux?

Also any benefit in getting the Ford connector (I think at about £20?), are there any differences??

As I understand it all the controls are still used on the iPod to select and skip tracks?

Any reply gratefully received!

Thanks,

Ben

yes mate all you need is male to male jack and switch to aux. The skip features are still controlled by the ipod unfortunately

jgriff,

Thanks for the reply! I have the male to male so I'll give it a go. Just wondering now if the Ford leads are any better, or just the same sort of thing?

Thanks again!

they will be the same i reckon. I recently bought a 3 metre one off eBay and fed it from the glovebox under the centre console and out in the storage compartment between the seats so i can skip and choose what song i want with great ease

they will be the same i reckon. I recently bought a 3 metre one off ebay and fed it from the glovebox under the centre console and out in the storage compartment between the seats so i can skip and choose what song i want with great ease

Hey jgriff.

This is exactly what i want to do.

Was it relatively easy to do please.

Would like to do it, Not just for the ipod controls but because my ipod battery life is quite poor i have to use the charger in the centre storsge console.

Thanks

basically i brought if from the back of the glovebox and where the centre console meets the carpet i pushed it up behind the plastic and continued right round the back of it and out between the drivers seat and the console. To do it properly id need to take off the compartment between the seats, drill a hole in the bottom to feed the lead in through it and therefore have it running straight into that compartment box

jgriff,

Thanks a lot for the info, just found out what I'll be doing over boxing day!

Cheers,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club