• 9,945 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Lenny, you got this guide in a PDF?

not yet mate,
ill start at 7pm this evening and ill group it all togeater in one PDF then upload it on the forum by 11pm and ill PM you a link to inform you that is online.
ive been meaning to get to it for ages but ill have the time to do it this evening.

#93 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

cheers matey. if i get time i am gonna try and atleast cut the dash. gonna try and do the bonnet vents tomorrow so wish me luck! Wife's going to her moms for the weekend so thought i'd get busy. promised the boys i'd take them to watch spiderman if they behave and let me work on the car.

#94 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,945 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

cheers matey. if i get time i am gonna try and atleast cut the dash. gonna try and do the bonnet vents tomorrow so wish me luck! Wife's going to her moms for the weekend so thought i'd get busy. promised the boys i'd take them to watch spiderman if they behave and let me work on the car.

thoughts are with you mate,
you may wish to do the bonnet first because the cutting of the dash took me 8 hours to complete using the dremil and measuring twice.
ive started the PDF by copying all of the content mate but its currently at 107 pages so it needs alot of editing to bring it down to a more printer friendly size,
Posted Image
ill email you the images of the modification and the guide in a word doccument format so you can then print the sectios you require for yourself mate,
ill edit the guide on PDF in the coming weeks and upload it to the first page of this thread for all interested to download once i have reduiced the pages and correctly worded the content

#95 PantherPL

PantherPL

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: A
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2013

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hey,
my name is Arthur. I'm from Poland.

I found your description of the installation of dashpod of the Focus ST. I wanted to ask you - is it possible to install the original ST dashpod to Focus 1.8 TDCI with original electrical harness? I found the wiring diagrams in which it is written that the oil temp, turbo work by installing the HS-CAN.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Poland

#96 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,945 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hey,

I found your description of the installation of dashpod of the Focus ST. I wanted to ask you - is it possible to install the original ST dashpod to Focus 1.8 TDCI with original electrical harness? I found the wiring diagrams in which it is written that the oil temp, turbo work by installing the HS-CAN.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Poland

Hey,

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Poland

Hi Arthur,
You are very welcome to the forum.
The Focus ST pod and pod surround can be fitted to any focus from 2005-2010 yes.
But im not aware of the HS-CAN loom available or what is required to fully function.

But an aftermarket boost gauge is required for diesel models due to the diesel boost levels being higher than petrol models
So the ST boost gauge would ring off the scale in 3rd gear my 1.6TDCi peaks at 22Psi boost

Im interested to learn more information regarding the HS-CAN and function of stock gauge in non st models.

The closest gauge i could find were ford Racing gauges from ford in america.

#97 ajt

ajt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec Climate 5dr TDCi 1.6
  • Year: 2007

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Been on the sick since monday and was getting bored yesterday and stumbled across this guide, and may I say to Lenny, thankyou and superb. 

Ten minutes later was on ebay and won this

http://www.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc

There was less than two minutes to go, so was obviously meant to be. My problem is I don't think it has the actual tray with it. Can anybody advise as to a part number or "official" name for the tray? I will obviously need to source one before I start cutting my dash.

I will also be trying to wire it into tha can bus. Does anybody have any clear shots of the supplied PCB, so I can read what is written on th ICs, and any shots of the connector and the area it connects to the PCB?

#98 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

I had that in my watched items but didn't bother bidding! Says in the listing though that it 'comes with panel' so I assumed that was everything needed. Didn't contact the seller to clarify though as I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna bid on it. Have you asked him what 'panel' he's referring to?

Sal on here had a complete unit with dash panel for sale in the Buy & Sell section a while back. Not sure if it's still available, but he may be able to supply you with the panel if you do indeed need it.

#99 ajt

ajt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

He hasn't posted yet, and I read the description as including panel to mean the tray, but then thought does he mean the surround only? I didn't want to contact seller and ask as I have already paid and he could turn around and say "Oh no, tray not included, but you can have it for £50 !"

If it turns up without the tray then I will contact the seller and say the listing was misleading, the picture shows the gauges and pod, and his listing states panell included. Which I take to mean a panel not shown in the image. Fingers crossed.

#100 ajt

ajt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

@gforce, can I ask why you didn't bid, did you spot something that I didn't? (and you just reminded me I offered to do a favour for Sal,oops).

#101 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,945 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I picked up the panel section for 50 pounds from the same breakers as the gauges at the time.
If sal can't supply then try asking breakers on ebay for the st pod surround section that the pod itself clips in to.

#102 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

@gforce, can I ask why you didn't bid, did you spot something that I didn't? (and you just reminded me I offered to do a favour for Sal,oops).

No, not at all mate. I just have a lot else on my plate at the minute so decided not to give in to the temptation. The ST pod is pretty low down my wishlist for a number of reasons...

1) ST kit, new exhaust, wheel refurb all in the pipeline

2) my car has a blue interior/dash, so not sure if the the black pod would suit well without needing wrapped or sprayed

3) and finally I just dunno if I would have the time, patience and skill to wire it up to work properly, so undecided about installing it as a dummy.

I'm sure it's 100% otherwise the seller would have said, so have no fear on my behalf, just didn't fancy it this time. All the best with it though and hope you get sorted with the panel. ;)

#103 pumpylee

pumpylee

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Ilie
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Hy little question to revive the topic :D Lenny and other that made this mod when cutting in the dash is there something special to look out for ? Or just masure twice cut once ? I was thinking modding my mk2 with a dash compartiment to keep my car papers like insurance and stuff but seeing how cool this looks i kinda want it now . And last question how much was that st gauge pod ? 50 squids ?

#104 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,501 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

http://pages.ebay.co...0771729&alt=web

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

#105 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,945 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hy little question to revive the topic :D Lenny and other that made this mod when cutting in the dash is there something special to look out for ? Or just masure twice cut once ? I was thinking modding my mk2 with a dash compartiment to keep my car papers like insurance and stuff but seeing how cool this looks i kinda want it now . And last question how much was that st gauge pod ? 50 squids ?

Hi Ilie,
When you remove the speedometer cluster,
Shine a torch in to the area look up at the plastic corresponding under the dash,
You will see scribed markings in the plastic to cut within these scribed rings,

Image1300.jpg

Although these markings are there,
Id still strongly advise starting with a small hole then trim it out bigger as required,
Continue to offer up the pod surround ensuring your still on track at all times,
Especially when cutting out the large section above the centre air vents,
Cut small in the centre then trim it out millimeters at a time until it just fits,

STGaugeFitting35.jpg

There is allowances for speed bump imperfections because tge pod surround has a small lip overhang covers the largest hole surround a little,
But when drilling the top for the spikes you can afford to be a little messy because its all going to be covered,
I recommend starting with them first.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users