Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Pidu

Factory Daytime Running Lights - Focus Mk2 Mk2.5, C-Max

82 posts in this topic

I find this at the you tube if someone want to enable the factory daytime lights

jeebowhite likes this

Would anyone know what make these DRL are and are they easy to fit please?

post-70826-0-42419300-1451383733_thumb.j

Hello from Brazil.

I have a mk2,5 and I'm trying to do this on my Focus. I'm not sure if will work, 

Here DRL just became mandatory and I found this DIY that could help me.

By now, I put the relay R15 and the fuses 135 and 113, but do not work. Next I will look for the C96. 

Sorry for dig up the topic rs

For those of you struggling with the fuse/relay setup, I purchased a very clever device that I fitted to my old MK2 Mondeo.

Check this out:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261678731977

It works on the high beams like what all new fords come with, vw etc. But they also do a dipped beam version too.

For those of you struggling with the fuse/relay setup, I purchased a very clever device that I fitted to my old MK2 Mondeo.

Check this out:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261678731977

It works on the high beams like what all new fords come with, vw etc. But they also do a dipped beam version too.

It look great, but the factory drl works just like this module, the only diference is high beam and low beam... And is no need extra module, just a jump wire in the c96 conector.

Enviado de meu Lenovo A7010a48 usando Tapatalk

I have HID dipped beam on my 2.5 2008 so i'm guessing the conversion above isn't going to be suitable, but i was puzzled to read a quote from somewhere in one of whysky's posts above;

"On vehicles with autolamps, retrofitting with daytime running lamps is not permissible, as otherwise, the engine cannot be stopped when the lighting is switched on".
"On vehicles with autolamps, the daytime running lamp fuse must not be fitted, as otherwise, the engine cannot be stopped when the lighting is switched on".

I assume the above scenarios are using the cars actual dipped beam as DRL's as opposed to separate LED DRL's? 

Obviously there are different kits, systems and ways of fitting aftermarket LED DRL's and i'm not an auto electrician, but having fitted aftermarket DRL's to two of my previous cars, none of which had Auto lights switch, there was a relay which operated the DRL's when the ignition came on and when the engine was turned off, the relay turned the DRL's off too.

I know this thread is about converting / activating part of the system that is already there, but even with the lights on Auto, surely when the engine is turned off the lights will also go off, that is to say, how can the lights keep the engine running?  

The reason i ask is that I have Auto light switch and the dipped beam comes on in the dark automatically and in tunnels etc and then switches off when i turn the engine off. 

So I've seen these on AliExpress and these on ebay and was thinking, that as i have a fuse position (but no fuse) for DRL's in my fusebox, does that mean that there is wiring there for DRL's, and if so, surely the above two ideas might be easy to fit as separate DRL's. If that makes sense? It's an expensive way of doing things but...

I did also see somewhere but lost the link now, for a kit of replacement fog lights that have combined fog lights and DRL's in them which also looked like a good option. 

38 minutes ago, Brucester said:

I have HID dipped beam on my 2.5 2008 so i'm guessing the conversion above isn't going to be suitable, but i was puzzled to read a quote from somewhere in one of whysky's posts above;

"On vehicles with autolamps, retrofitting with daytime running lamps is not permissible, as otherwise, the engine cannot be stopped when the lighting is switched on".
"On vehicles with autolamps, the daytime running lamp fuse must not be fitted, as otherwise, the engine cannot be stopped when the lighting is switched on".

I assume the above scenarios are using the cars actual dipped beam as DRL's as opposed to separate LED DRL's? 

Obviously there are different kits, systems and ways of fitting aftermarket LED DRL's and i'm not an auto electrician, but having fitted aftermarket DRL's to two of my previous cars, none of which had Auto lights switch, there was a relay which operated the DRL's when the ignition came on and when the engine was turned off, the relay turned the DRL's off too.

I know this thread is about converting / activating part of the system that is already there, but even with the lights on Auto, surely when the engine is turned off the lights will also go off, that is to say, how can the lights keep the engine running?  

The reason i ask is that I have Auto light switch and the dipped beam comes on in the dark automatically and in tunnels etc and then switches off when i turn the engine off. 

So I've seen these on AliExpress and these on ebay and was thinking, that as i have a fuse position (but no fuse) for DRL's in my fusebox, does that mean that there is wiring there for DRL's, and if so, surely the above two ideas might be easy to fit as separate DRL's. If that makes sense? It's an expensive way of doing things but...

I did also see somewhere but lost the link now, for a kit of replacement fog lights that have combined fog lights and DRL's in them which also looked like a good option. 

The quote "On vehicles with autolamps, the daytime running lamp fuse must not be fitted, as otherwise, the engine cannot be stopped when the lighting is switched on" ir not true. I have a Focus with autolamps and I have fitted the DRL fuse on fusebox, and nothing goes wrong. In Fact, nothing works because I didn't check the C96 connector. 

In a video posted previously, a Focus with autolamps is shown and nothing goes wrong again. 

I'm still trying to activate the factory DRL.