Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

liam-20 has very kindly said he would sort this out for me at the Ford Day in Blackpool, looking forward to it :)

Hi stefanovidiu

By just moving the wires to HS_CAN you have removed the ability for the ELM to read the MS-CAN side , thats the reason for the switch so you can switch between Cans , without the switch you will not be able to enter the HEC MS_CAN Module. Thats why your getting the can error.

You need to buy a switch and solder it in and you can switch between Modules

Paul

Ok, thank you again Paul. I will install the switch but tell me, how can I know when to change the bus from MS_CAN to HS_CAN and back ?

Ovidiu

Hi Eduardo

That's a nice little modification you have done there, i'm sure the diagram will help others who want to go a little further with their cables.

Thanks for the Diagram

Paul

Ok, thank you again Paul. I will install the switch but tell me, how can I know when to change the bus from MS_CAN to HS_CAN and back ?

Ovidiu

Hi Ovidiu

If you look at ELMConfig under the modules button , you will see that the Can buttons are in two rows , MS-CAN covers the GEM side and HS-CAN covers the HEC side. , label your switch so you know which position it needs to be in.

Just make sure you disconnect the USB and restart ELMConfig before you change the switch between MS and HS.

Hi Ovidiu

If you look at ELMConfig under the modules button , you will see that the Can buttons are in two rows , MS-CAN covers the GEM side and HS-CAN covers the HEC side. , label your switch so you know which position it needs to be in.

Just make sure you disconnect the USB and restart ELMConfig before you change the switch between MS and HS.

Thank you Paul ! I need to change my glasses because I don't noticed the two rows :-)

Ovidiu

no need to disconnect while switching between MS and HS - I do that on the fly without any problems at all

I received my ELM327 box earlier, connected to the OBD port and made a few changes.

Am I right in thinking that I need to mod the cable to do the good stuff (auto door locking, auto heated window screen at low outside temperature

adjust courtesy light dimming time, adjusted walk home lighting time)?

I received my ELM327 box earlier, connected to the OBD port and made a few changes.

Am I right in thinking that I need to mod the cable to do the good stuff (auto door locking, auto heated window screen at low outside temperature

adjust courtesy light dimming time, adjusted walk home lighting time)?

Yes that is correct you need to make the modification to the cable

HI.

how operate a RADIO RDS INFORMATION + CD TRACK INFORMATION ???

I have a oval radio 2008-> and pre Facelift exterior ...

I set in my car till now:

deactivate auto window heating

in menu enable ESP menu ...(i dont have esp hw/sensors)

REVERSING SOUND ACTIVATION (then turn off - how tractor .. :-) )

what is FORD POWER ???

thanks

HI.

how operate a RADIO RDS INFORMATION + CD TRACK INFORMATION ???

I have a oval radio 2008-> and pre Facelift exterior ...

I set in my car till now:

deactivate auto window heating

in menu enable ESP menu ...(i dont have esp hw/sensors)

REVERSING SOUND ACTIVATION (then turn off - how tractor .. :-) )

what is FORD POWER ???

thanks

you turn it on via the HEC module bottom right hand side you will see "HEC level 2/3"

Under radio Echo

Power start ? there are 2 , one is Ford power start button if fitted the other is Ford Auto stop/start again if fitted

Man that reversing sound is annoying

yes how big garbage wagon

Hi Preee,

there was some small update (ELMConfig 0.1.1.8), it's availible through the previous link

Hi Sergey,

Would it be possible to have the Power Folder mirrors auto-fold when locking the car and un-fold when un-locking the car - similar function to that on the new mk3?

HI when i tested on off some functions with elm-ff2 and elmconfig i found in my BC onboard test a three DTC errors - some other time never have any DTC codes - and elm-ff2 and elmconfig over ELM327 did not find any DTC errors, i has had to use my ford F-super formidable cable , over him i found and can delete these errors ...

right, ive started this.

first problem...

i cant get one of the screws out! 3 came out fine, the last one has now just ground away!! any ideas?

sorted

Right before i get cracking properly, can i use the same wire i used for the power on my cigarette lighter? or is that the wrong type of wire...?

Right before i get cracking properly, can i use the same wire i used for the power on my cigarette lighter? or is that the wrong type of wire...?

Wire should be fine ., its only a very low output signal so the wire will be fine , i have not used any special wire.

Hello everyone ~~

first, i come form Taiwan, maybe many people....don't know this tiny country.

however, Does any guys occurr decrease remote distance after use FF2 ? is it can adjust remote distance?

i must take key to front glass to unlock/lock, as i know, the remote receiver is at roof of car.

Thanks........

Hello everyone ~~

first, i come form Taiwan, maybe many people....don't know this tiny country.

however, Does any guys occurr decrease remote distance after use FF2 ? is it can adjust remote distance?

i must take key to front glass to unlock/lock, as i know, the remote receiver is at roof of car.

Thanks........

Hi

Perhaps you need to replace the battery , i don't know of any issues with remote distance

Thanks for your response

i had replace battery..but.it still the same.......... <_< then i try replace GEM module(just try....not purchase,yet), the problem was disappeared.

the GEM module is broken by use FF2 ? does it possible?or RF receiver is broken?

Hi All. Followed this thread with massive interest.

I have a bluetooth elm327 that I have been using with Dashcommand on my iPhone successfully. I now want to move on to doing more than watching my engine revs on my phone.

Here starts the problem. I have downloaded ELMConfig (latest version) and the runtime pack (which installed without a hitch) when I start up ELMConfig, I can set up MS-CAN ok and start an OBD scan ok. If, however i try to query HEC for example (i have yet to install the high/low switch yet, but from the thread believe you can still use the HS Can) I recieve an error along the lines of "mode 20 invalid response". I tried to query mode 20 from putty, but recieved "No DATA".

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Have I brough a dud ELM 327? (it does report version as 1.5, which I believe is not a genuine elmelectronics version, but some china copy), but it seams to work with other software.

When I try to connect to BCM I get a CAN error. I can connect to IPC no problem.

Do you think this a problem with the wiring?

edit: re-checked the wires and they were wrong.

I have activated auto lock doors. Seems auto windscreen heater was already activated on my ST

Also activated deadlock on first press of remote.

Thanks for the guide Preee

Where do you adjust courtesy light dimming time and walk home lighting time?

Where do you adjust courtesy light dimming time and walk home lighting time?

ELMConfig

GEM page 1