Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: focus titanium 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Ok i have Zipped both of them together and put them on page 1 of this thread , external download link

thats a long way to go back :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1022 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Not if you click the title of the thread or actually click on post 1 , takes you direct to it , no point in scattering files all over the thread.

#1023 blackfive

blackfive

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Not if you click the title of the thread or actually click on post 1 , takes you direct to it , no point in scattering files all over the thread.

I agree with Preee as it was so simple to just have it on the first page. If reading this on this page then all you need to do is click on the double back arrows at the bottom of the page and it'll immediately take you back to the first page. Simples! :)

Whichever way you choose you should be downloading the respective files within a few seconds.

The alternative is the files eventually ending up in the middle of other pages after a few days of other posts. I think it has to be congratulated for the speed with which the link to the revised zipped files got put there after my posting here.

#1024 blackfive

blackfive

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well, in this case my cluster maybe isn't compatible because is European (Portugal but make in Germany)!!!
Where can i see if my cluster is compatible?
Tks.

My Focus and cluster was made in Germany and I can confirm that flashing the ROM to upgrade it to 0509 worked perfectly for me.

Well, apart from forgetting to turn off the Wi-Fi network so it crashed after a few seconds but with that turned off it worked perfectly.

#1025 MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: MK II
  • Year: 2005

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

ok, not sure if this has been covered and its a lot of pages to search through to see if it has or not (lazy I know)

But..
Ive managed to get everything working up until writing to the car.. but on the first tab (HEC) if i write what i want ticked when it finishes its magic, on my dash it has the yellow warning light and says TOTAL EPB failure and I can not write anything on the GEM tab as it says open Medium speed port.

can someone help me on this please

#1026 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

ok, not sure if this has been covered and its a lot of pages to search through to see if it has or not (lazy I know)

But..
Ive managed to get everything working up until writing to the car.. but on the first tab (HEC) if i write what i want ticked when it finishes its magic, on my dash it has the yellow warning light and says TOTAL EPB failure and I can not write anything on the GEM tab as it says open Medium speed port.

can someone help me on this please

check what settings your trying to load , as EPB stands for Electronic Park Brake which you won't have on your car , so make sure it's not ticked

#1027 MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: MK II
  • Year: 2005

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

That's what I thought, but I'm sure I didn't have it ticked.
Could be the case of myself downloading what I do have (from entering my vin) compared to what the software says I have installed and I'm trying to turn stuff on. Ill try a different way at the weekend and see how I go.
Any idea why I can't turn anything on under GEM tab?

Thanks Pree

#1028 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

That's what I thought, but I'm sure I didn't have it ticked.
Could be the case of myself downloading what I do have (from entering my vin) compared to what the software says I have installed and I'm trying to turn stuff on. Ill try a different way at the weekend and see how I go.
Any idea why I can't turn anything on under GEM tab?

Thanks Pree

Are you certain , your ELM cable modification is working correctly , check the wiring if i was you

#1029 mrmetallica

mrmetallica

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: focus titanium 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

where has civill disapeared to not been on for ages

#1030 FekuFord

FekuFord

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Ford Model: Kuga Titanium X
Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Anyone know if you can update the gem module software?

I want to get cruise control working on my 2008 Focus but it needs newer software in the module than I have (version 10 installed).

Thanks.

FuF.

#1031 JW1982

JW1982

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

As far as i know you can not update the firmware of the GEM module.

There are several different versions of the GEM module which don't all support all possible functions. If your current GEM module/fuse box doesn't support Cruise Control you have to buy a GEM module that does support Cruise Control.

For Cruise Control you need:

The Control knobs on the steering wheel.
The wiring an brake/clutch pedal switches (if not already pre-fitted from the factory).
GEM module that does support Cruise Control.
PCM with Cruise Control support.

It is very easy to program a new GEM module to your car. You can copy all of the settings and the VIN number to the new GEM module with ELMconfig.

I have programmed a full options Kuga GEM module (this is the same as the Focus MK2.5) into my Focus MK2. I needed another GEM module to retrofit the factory alarm and heated seats. My GEM module has also software version V10 and fully supports Cruise Control.

#1032 FekuFord

FekuFord

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

So if version 10 software works are you saying that it's just a question of copying settings from a car with cruise working?

Or is it gem module version (hardware) dependent?

I have the 4spoke wheel with cruise buttons, brake and clutch switches and pcm with cruise activated.

FuF.

#1033 JW1982

JW1982

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

There are different (hardware) versions of the GEM module with the same software version (V10).

All GEM modules are technical the same but the lower spec GEM modules don't support all functions because of missing parts inside (contact pins, relays etc.).

If your current GEM module doesn't support Cruise Control it's most likely a hardware problem. In this case you have to buy a different GEM module and reprogram it to match the options of your car.

If you can post the part number of your GEM module i can find out whether it supports Cruise Control or not. The part number looks like 7M5T-14A073-XX (where XX stand for the version of the module).

#1034 FekuFord

FekuFord

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

4M5T 14A073 CC

#1035 FekuFord

FekuFord

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Can you replace a 4M5T unit with a 7M5T unit?

FuF.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users