• 97 posts
  • Name: Garry
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

try different speed

Thanks for the suggestion :)

If I press the tab "setup elm327 for MS-CAN bus"  will it make the elm work on MS-CAN? is this instead of putty?

Does it need to be plugged into the car when I do it or can it be done off-line?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1202 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestion :)

If I press the tab "setup elm327 for MS-CAN bus"  will it make the elm work on MS-CAN? is this instead of putty?

Does it need to be plugged into the car when I do it or can it be done off-line?

Yes correct , that is instead of Putty

#1203 Gaz RS

Gaz RS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Name: Garry
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Do I need to do the setup for MS-CAN?

yes, you do

Yes correct , that is instead of Putty

Thanks Guy's that did the trick :)

#1204 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2011
  • Year: 2014

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

I just flick the switch between modules.  Don't bother stopping / restarting program.  

#1205 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

If anyone is interested, there's a commercial program available by the guy who aids Civil-zz.  See link below.

http://www.ucdsys.ru/?lang=en

Costs about £ 80 delivered, thats adapter and software.

Updates will be available and it does FF3   also  from what i can see.

#1206 Rayan2002

Rayan2002

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: S-max

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

If anyone is interested, there's a commercial program available by the guy who aids Civil-zz.  See link below.

it supports S-max but still not in English completely

#1207 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have registered to try and find out what it will do on the FF3 , but email has failed for me to actually get on :o

I have read through what it can do so far on the FF3 , but i have lmost all of it already , and it does not have the function to Autolock doors as of yet.

#1208 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I have contacted him several times and he says English, Dutch and Russian are fully supported. Spanish is next for completion they advise.

#1209 RShadow

RShadow

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Ford Model: FOcus MK2

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Has anyone tried to retrofit a MK2.5 Focus RS instrument cluster w/ larger LCD into their MK2.5 Focus or ST?
I've read somewhere that a Focus RS cluster doesn't have PATS (since it's a keyless car), so it won't work on the regular MK2.5 or ST if they have a normal PATS key. Can this be overcome using this software?

Also, I've read mixed opinions/information regarding cruise control: my car has everything needed for it to work, so I ask -- can you enable the correct options to make it work using the modified ELM cable or not?

Cheers!

You can enable or disable the Keyfree option on the cluster itself if you go into the "Setup menu". Then you can then program the keys to the cluster, If you go onto this website they offer you free incodes to unlock your PATS (god knows how they do it) --http://www.autokeyprog.com/login.php  but you will need a really good adapter to read the different levels of PATS - I managed to get through the first level and crank the car but i think there was a second immobiliser preventing the engine from starting.... Ill probably buy either the adapter from http://obdtester.com/ or the one thats just come to light on this forum and try again as  ELM config is yet to do it..

By the way has anyone managed to change the ccc in their focus's yet from the latest update? I went into the mondeo S-max section and then the BCM but just kept getting a "NO DATA" error so i take it this little luxury is for the younger cars

#1210 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

You use the Focus option in the drop down menu ...not Smax/Mondeo. Then read GEM  and make your changes and write .

#1211 RShadow

RShadow

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Ford Model: FOcus MK2

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

You use the Focus option in the drop down menu ...not Smax/Mondeo. Then read GEM  and make your changes and write .

Ah i see thanks for that Richiemac :)

Is that on the information section or config / Procedures? Could you possibly take a screenshot please so i know whats supposed to come up

#1212 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

You can enable or disable the Keyfree option on the cluster itself if you go into the "Setup menu". Then you can then program the keys to the cluster, If you go onto this website they offer you free incodes to unlock your PATS (god knows how they do it) --http://www.autokeyprog.com/login.php  but you will need a really good adapter to read the different levels of PATS - I managed to get through the first level and crank the car but i think there was a second immobiliser preventing the engine from starting.... Ill probably buy either the adapter from http://obdtester.com/ or the one thats just come to light on this forum and try again as  ELM config is yet to do it..

The PATS system is integrated into the Instrument Cluster, the PCM and the ignition keys. If you put another PCM or Instrument cluster into the car the PATS configuration files (which are stored into the PCM and Instrument Cluster) does not match anymore and the car will not start. To solve this you have to synchronise the Instrument Cluster with the PCM. Most of the cheaper diagnostic interfaces which are capable to do some PATS Key programming do not support this "PATS Pairing" function.  

If you want to put a new (or used) Instrument Cluster into your car you have to do the following things:

1. Program the correct configuration to the instrument cluster (with ELMconfig for example).

2. Program the PATS keys to the new Instrument Cluster.

3. Synchronise the Instrument cluster with the PCM. (PATS pairing).

If you want more info about the PATS programming and which interface you should use send me a personal message.

#1213 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,249 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Paul (Preee) for the cable... As I was tinkering around yesterday I enabled a few features and had a few errors that I will ask about later! but so far, a very happy bunny...

Shame that the auto locking only seems to work once, no doubt I missed the option, and I need to tinker further to find the tyre pressure monitor...

EDIT: Actually, a quick question, does anyone know if you can code keys with any of these tools? A friend at work wants a flip key coded to his 06 Focus Zetec, but he says that the old "two keys" method doesnt allow for coding his new flip key as apparently its disabled on his model? its news to me, but he wants to add a new key... I will try the old two key method at some point with him, but does anyone know if you can add / remove keys?

Forgive me, I spent ALL weekend reading this thread, and 81 pages of information is a lot of info, even for encyclopedia Googleia...

#1214 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,521 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

You friend is correct.
The two key method on Mk1/1.5 was removed from the Mk2 and later.
You can still programme your own central locking but the pats access is absent.
I know the standard way now is to use IDS/VCM via the OBD port but as to whether you can use elm config to do so is not in my realm of knowledge.
I'm sure those that understand the system will be able to say for sure.

#1215 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

No , this won't do it afraid to say. From what i remember, Civil said he will not include it, ever. He feels there should always be exclusivity to dealers for this function. People making keys all over the place at will........could get messy i suppose.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users