• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: bobby
  • Ford Model: focus rs mk2
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Was you using bluetooth ?

Have you tried connecting , then selecting procedures and reseting the module

Did you do the number one Golden rule and Backup ? , if you did try reloading the backup and writing

no i wasnt using the bluetooth.

i have tried all methods available - under the hec tab it says no data(like it does with the ignition off)

yes i have back up..... but they cant be written to it due to the no data warning

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1232 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

no i wasnt using the bluetooth.

i have tried all methods available - under the hec tab it says no data(like it does with the ignition off)

yes i have back up..... but they cant be written to it due to the no data warning

Off the top of my head the only thing i can think of is remove the battery for 15 minutes see if it resets

#1233 nuno8210

nuno8210

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

From what I already saw and what I have eard the safest way is to get away from Page 3 of the HEC configuration... Even reading from unit is dangerous and you can't have a backup of that before reading it...

If the battery reset doesn't work I guess the only option will be a Ford dealer to update your HEC. Let's hope that a new HEC is not necessary...

#1234 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Disconnect the positive lead from battery and hold it to the negative pole for a bout  5 minutes to totally discharge all residual current.........reconnect and hopefully should restart.      

#1235 s90jny

s90jny

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Disconnect the positive lead from battery and hold it to the negative pole for a bout  5 minutes to totally discharge all residual current.........reconnect and hopefully should restart.      

is this not dodgy to do?

#1236 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yes, positive lead will be disconnected from battery....not like if you bridged across them with it connected, then you'd do damage. 

#1237 s90jny

s90jny

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

gotya

#1238 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,494 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Thanks Wilko, I own the MK1 Focus CMAX. I have been helping a few friends with a MK2 Focus.

Bobby... have you managed ot make any progress?

#1239 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

The Focus C-max MK1(.5) is technically pretty much the same car as the Focus MK2(.5). Most of the wiring and modules are completely the same.

One difference is that Ford did not offer the DDS option on the C-max MK1.5 The C-max MK1.5 has (from a certain production date) exactly the same instrument cluster and ABS pump/BCM as the Focus MK2.5. Technically the C-max MK1.5 is perfectly able to show the DDS option in the instrument cluster but this is blocked in the C-max software/firmware.  On a Russian forum i found a topic of some guys who configured (with the Ford IDS system) a C-max MK1.5 like the Focus MK2.5 to activate the DDS option. 

#1240 s90jny

s90jny

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Wilko, I own the MK1 Focus CMAX. I have been helping a few friends with a MK2 Focus.

Bobby... have you managed ot make any progress?

Yes disconnecting the battery solved half the issue. I then had to reset 2 fault codes before the kuga would start. thanks for the help

#1241 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yes disconnecting the battery solved half the issue. I then had to reset 2 fault codes before the kuga would start. thanks for the help

Glad to hear it worked , always a good option if everything else fails

#1242 laurashgeo

laurashgeo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: George
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I cant get my ELM cable to work on windows 7! each and every time it comes up with a code 10 error and the device will not start. plugged it into a XP desktop and works fine.

any help please??

Hello!

I received my Elm327 today(bought from China on ebay) and I have the same error.  

I was reading on Prolific website and I found this:
!!!Counterfeit Warning!!!
Please be warned that counterfeit/fake PL-2303HX Rev A (or PL-2303HXA) USB-to-Serial Controller
ICs using Prolific's trademark logo, brandname, and drivers, are being sold in the China market.
Counterfeit IC products show exactly the same outside chip markings but generally are of poor quality
and causes Windows driver compatibility issues (Yellow Mark Error Code 10 in Device Manager under
WinXP, Vista, and 7). This warning is issued to all customers and consumers to avoid confusion and
false purchase. Please purchase only from stores or vendors providing technical and RMA support.

What can I do?

#1243 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Download Drivers from here

http://www.totalcard...e&kbarticleid=1

The ELM327 works fine with these drivers , that is a generic response you have found on the web.

#1244 laurashgeo

laurashgeo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: George
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the link, but it's still not working :( I tried also with this driver http://www.prolific...._id=225&pcid=41 and I have the same error.

Yesterday I received the Auto Diagnostic and I Tried all day to make it working, but I didn't manage.
I manage to install the driver but when I am plugging the cable I get a error that tells me that the device is not working properly. In the device manager I have this error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate on 64bit and I was trying to install the Auto Diagnostic on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Edition.
Do you have any other suggestions? I will try soon on a friend's laptop with windows xp installed.

LE: I bought it from here http://www.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123 so try to avoid this seller!

#1245 mrmetallica

mrmetallica

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: focus titanium 1.6

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the link, but it's still not working :( I tried also with this driver http://www.prolific...._id=225&pcid=41 and I have the same error.

Yesterday I received the Auto Diagnostic and I Tried all day to make it working, but I didn't manage.
I manage to install the driver but when I am plugging the cable I get a error that tells me that the device is not working properly. In the device manager I have this error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate on 64bit and I was trying to install the Auto Diagnostic on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Edition.
Do you have any other suggestions? I will try soon on a friend's laptop with windows xp installed.

LE: I bought it from here http://www.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123 so try to avoid this seller!

i dont think it likes 64 bit

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users